Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Could someone sell The Neverhood? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/20118-could-someone-sell-neverhood.html)

DustyShinigami 06-17-2007 11:48 AM

Could someone sell The Neverhood?

Hi

This is a long shot but... would anyone out there be willing to sell me a copy of said game? :D There aren't any copies available anywhere, even on ebay, and i'd love to get hold of this game after hearing about it here.

Thanks

Nautilus 06-17-2007 12:01 PM

11 available at Gametz:
http://gametz.com/aGames/PC/Neverhood%2C+The.html

DustyShinigami 06-17-2007 01:53 PM

Hmm, i'm not sure about that site though. The fact that it involves trading makes me a bit weary. I don't fancy trading anything in exchange for it. I'd sooner buy it. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

kathrynrose 06-17-2007 02:06 PM

They are selling some copies on Ebay. However, they are going for quite a bit of money.

DustyShinigami 06-17-2007 02:16 PM

On ebay.com there are yes but unfortunately they won't ship 'em out to the UK. There's only 1 left on ebay.co.uk but doesn't finish for another few days and i doubt i'll win it. :shifty: Some bugger out bid me by a £1 with the last one.

Terramax 06-17-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard (Post 419535)
On ebay.com there are yes but unfortunately they won't ship 'em out to the UK.

Both US copies I see are shipping worldwide. Considering it's in dollers I imagine it'd be cheaper to bid the US versions.

There are countless copies on Amazon.com. There's a fair condition one for $48.99 which is roughly £25 but Postage and etc you're looking £30-35 which is about as fair as you can get.

You can order from Amazon.com if you have a credit card. If you don't, contact the seller and ask them to put it up on Amazon.com auction and it'll allow you to bid/ buy now and accept UK shipping.

I've don't this in order to get The Dark Eye, Final Fantasy Tactics and Runaway and the traders have always been excellent.

Frankly I think it's about time some site like gametap or Metaboli had it up.

DustyShinigami 06-17-2007 03:03 PM

Not meaning to sound negative but i'm not keen on sending sellers messages via amazon. A lot of the time they never seem to respond, well not for me at least. :P I know in the past i sent a message to a seller via amazon and they didn't respond, but having their email address (which i got after ordering an item) i sent them a message through hotmail and they responded.

I'll try asking a seller on ebay if they'd send it out, but as you say the one on amazon seems to be the cheapest.

EDIT: Well, thankfully i found a copy on ebay.com where the seller ships wordwide so i've ordered it. :) :D It costs a bit, it was goin' for $74.99 with $9.99 P&P but i'm just happy i've ordered it and it will be mine! :devil:

Thaurin 06-18-2007 11:17 AM

Would anyone at this point feel bad about just downloading it? I mean, unless you really wanted to own it, of course. When the developer and publisher are both gone, nobody who's worked hard for the game is going to benefit from me buying it second-hand off eBay.

There's something about owning a copy, of course, but a lot of times I just have this strong urge to find out what made this game so good 10 years ago.

Am I evil? (Yes, I aaaam.)

stepurhan 06-18-2007 12:40 PM

But someone must still own the rights. That means they could opt to redistribute it (especially if they see how much copies are going for and thus how much it could be worth doing it) That's why, despite all the arguments put forward for abandonware this site has decided to prohibit links to abandonware sites. As long as someone retains the rights (and a potential to exert them in a court of law) we don't want to take any chances. See this thread for extensive discussion on the subject.

If you can find the rights-holder and get them to make Neverhood freeware then I'd be happy as well. I've always wanted to play this one.

Gonchi 06-18-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard (Post 419529)
Hmm, i'm not sure about that site though. The fact that it involves trading makes me a bit weary. I don't fancy trading anything in exchange for it. I'd sooner buy it. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

The irony of GameTZ is that most of it's members are more interested in selling than they are in trading. You should be able to buy one there without problems.

Hi Kathryn, any chance of a discount for a recurring customer? :D

kathrynrose 06-18-2007 01:31 PM

All depends on what:)