You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Why no Gabriel Knight Collection?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #61
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
Well - I originally said the lucasarts archives, so whats the point of coming back and telling me that the entertainment pack doesn't have them? I didn't mention the entertainment pack, didn't even know it existed... so telling me it didn't have manuals doesn't really seem to make much sense in the context of my point.
I just thought it would be an interesting detail to mention.

Besides, as your point seemed to be that LucasArts is better than Vivendi/Sierra because they include printed manuals in their rereleases, I thought it'd be worth mentioning that the new releases don't have that luxury.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie View Post
Besides, as your point seemed to be that LucasArts is better than Vivendi/Sierra because they include printed manuals in their rereleases, I thought it'd be worth mentioning that the new releases don't have that luxury.
Those discs are not produced by LucasArts. The UK distributor of LucasArts products is Activision.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #63
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDread View Post
Those discs are not produced by LucasArts. The UK distributor of LucasArts products is Activision.
I had no idea.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #64

The King's Quest and Space Quest collections dropped down to $10. That's a much more attractive pricepoint.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:23 AM   #65
Doctor Watson

Then again, Vivendi isn't the Sierra of old days, either. And these days LucasArts doesn't sell its old adventure games in any shape or form.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #66

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

I've seen Grim Fandango and Curse and Escape from Monkey Island on sale on budget labels here, but they're not exactly overly common. The older games...no chance.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
I've seen Grim Fandango and Curse and Escape from Monkey Island on sale on budget labels here, but they're not exactly overly common. The older games...no chance.
Sam & Max Hit the Road and The Dig are also still sold in the LucasArts Classic line.

The other LucasArts games seem to be retired in all regions, sadly.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #68
Doctor Watson

DOTT and Sam&Max double pack was still sold a while ago (a year or so). At least in the Nordic Countries. At least in one webstore. Where it was sold out for a long time, actually...
Old 05-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie View Post
DOTT and Sam&Max double pack was still sold a while ago (a year or so). At least in the Nordic Countries. At least in one webstore. Where it was sold out for a long time, actually...
It's a shame they don't have Day of the Tentacle available in the LucasArts classic line. That game has withstood the test of time very well over the years. Which is probably why they only have Sam & Max, Full Throttle, and The Dig from that era in the line.

Maybe the inclusion of Maniac Mansion is why they don't have the game for sale anymore? The V1 version of that game on the DOTT disc definitely doesn't hold up in the test of time too well at all. Though, it's still a lot of fun.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #70
QFG

I've also seen Grim Fandango (rare) and the latter two Monkey Islands (more common) in bargain bins here in the DC Metro area. So there is still some hope for those with watchful eyes...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #71

Damn, anyone know of some Adventure Games in bargain bins in Adelaide Australia?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #72
QFG

Surprisingly, a lot of the chain stores here are the ones with the great finds; EB Games, GameStop, CompUSA, etc.

You never know!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #73
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I'm in western australia, and I've found the lucasarts games Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, Full Throttle and Sam and Max Hit the Road at Harvey Norman for $10 each. I've also seen some of them (some for $20) in Kmart and Game Traders.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFG View Post
Surprisingly, a lot of the chain stores here are the ones with the great finds; EB Games, GameStop, CompUSA, etc.

You never know!
OMG! You're in Adelaide??? I thought I was the ONLY person in Adelaide that loves Adventure Games! O_O Erm... are you in Adelaide in particular or are you referring to Australia in general?

I never seem to find any old games in EB except for Myst which I already own from when it was first released. I'll have to look around Adelaide harder... hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
I'm in western australia, and I've found the lucasarts games Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, Full Throttle and Sam and Max Hit the Road at Harvey Norman for $10 each. I've also seen some of them (some for $20) in Kmart and Game Traders.
In Harvey Norman you say??? I don't think I've actually been in that store! I'm gonna go have a look thanks! =D

I've only ever seen new games in KMart, and never had any luck at Game Traders. But thanks for pointing them out!

By the way, how do I use two quotes in one post? So I don't have to post two posts in the future?

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 05-31-2007 at 04:59 AM. Reason: merged
Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 AM   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelza View Post
By the way, how do I use two quotes in one post? So I don't have to post two posts in the future?
Click this button in each post you want to multiquote. Then quote as normal.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #76
Super Moderator

Quote:

You never know!
EBGames and GameStop are one and the same now. They used to sell used PC games (I got a few there myself) but they don't anymore.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 AM   #77
QFG

The ones near me still do, definitely. In fact, it's where I first became aware of Keepsake, Nibiru, and a few other games regularly mentioned here lately. I also bought Dreamfall there for about $20 because it was marked incorrectly.

Nelza, no, I live in Maryland here in the States. I guess we just have the same stores available to us!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #78

Quote:
The ones near me still do, definitely. In fact, it's where I first became aware of Keepsake, Nibiru, and a few other games regularly mentioned here lately. I also bought Dreamfall there for about $20 because it was marked incorrectly.
We have two EBGames right next to each other (literally - they are probably about 100 feet apart). One sells used PC games, the other does not.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 PM   #79

Quote:
Nelza, no, I live in Maryland here in the States. I guess we just have the same stores available to us!
Oh oopsies, I've been so daft with posting lately.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:17 PM   #80
Rogue Agent

Check your local Salvation Army/Goodwill/charity store. They usually don't have anything, but you can sometimes find some old game. Best part is that the money goes to charity. Also, if you've got some free time, you can go yard/garage sale hunting. I picked up a copy of Secret of Monkey Island a couple of years back at a friend's garage sale.