You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #21
Thats the ticket

I would give my left testicle to meet Al Lowe and would crawl through a field of broken glass with my fly unzipped to meet Jane Jensen.

Oh the other hand Chris Jones?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #22
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
I can be wrong, but I think the event will perpetrate the notion that adventures are "old/dead stuff".

US$240 to see people talking about old games and to try games that already have online demos doesn't seems to be a good deal...
That's sort of the impression I got too.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 AM   #23
Implementor

Default AdventureCon Tickets are Now Just $69!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco View Post
That's sort of the impression I got too.
No deaf ears here. A lot of people have been raising the roof on the pricing. It all came back to the food which, up until yesterday, was an unavoidable factor in the price equation. All across the Las Vegas strip there is a new law of the land for anyone planning an event; if you want convention or meeting space, you will buy thousands and thousands of dollars of food and beverage.

I guess that makes me above the law because just last night I successfully renegotiated the AdventureCon contract with The Mirage and got the food and beverage requirements removed.

No more breakfast and lunch buffets and a new, lower price of $69!!

Let me dispel a myth I've been seeing in these threads -- AdventureCon isn't just a classic gaming show.

People -- please read the AdventureCon website - www.adventurecon.org

We are giving away brand new games and modern game publishers will be exhibiting all of their latest and greatest titles in exhibitor's hall. In fact, it's pretty much assured that a brand new adventure game will make its worldwide debut at AdventureCon.

AdventureCon isn't simply a retro show or a ZorkCon so everyone can leave their bell bottoms, hula hoops and wide neckties at home. We are celebrating thirty years of adventure gaming -- that's straight from 1977 all the way up to this year.

And now that tickets are just $69 and up to four people can share a room at The Mirage for no extra charge, all the pricing barriers are gone.

See you in Vegas!

Howard Sherman
AdventureCon Co-Founder
Implementor @ Malinche Entertainment
Old 04-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
In fact, it's pretty much assured that a brand new adventure game will make its worldwide debut at AdventureCon.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #25
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Does anyone here know if the reserved AdventureCon packages are still going to be valid, or if they need to be canceled and re-ordered later? Many of the links on the AdventureCon page no longer work, and it's making me a little nervous about whether I need to cancel the charge on the credit card.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #26
Super Moderator

My understanding was that they would be refunding ticket prices and you would re-register when the final details of the new one were worked out. I suppose you could cancel the charges as well just to be on the safe side (if they haven't gone through yet).
Old 04-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #27
Friendly Server Admin

Hopefully you didn't make any nonrefundable reservations
Old 04-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

the reason I asked, is because I found out that the person who reserved the AdventureCon ticket for me, said they got an email about a "PayPal" account. But we used all the direct links...not the PayPal stuff to the side. Made me kind of suspicious.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #29
eXo

as of yesterday it seems the entire show has been canceled.... check out the site - now its being held in .. Atlantic City? in September...?

How can the guy running this expect anyone to take it seriously when he changes the price constantly, comes on here posting in 'sales mode' all the time, and THEN shifts it to Atlantic City... During the week.

Screw them.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #30
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Yeah, I sent an email to ask if the ticket to get into the convention was still good, even if it was held in Atlantic City instead of Vegas. Haven't heard back yet, though.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #31

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
How can the guy running this expect anyone to take it seriously when he changes the price constantly, comes on here posting in 'sales mode' all the time, and THEN shifts it to Atlantic City...
I was pretty excited about the prospect of an adventure convention when I started this thread, but now yeah, I agree. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #32
eXo

if we keep complaining about the price/location/guests maybe we can keep getting it rescheduled. It will be like a game - how long can we keep AdventureCon from happening.

The goal will be to all attend once it is scheduled to take place on the Moon.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 AM   #33
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
The goal will be to all attend once it is scheduled to take place on the Moon.
I like it!

I've got to say, I was planning on going to Vegas for 10 days this summer, so I was comtemplating on also going to the AdventureCon but now that is has moved *again* there is no chance that I'm going to attend...

So, how many of you guys are planning on attending?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #34
Under pressure.

10 days in Vegas? Phew, good luck. I got bored in two days. The desert is great, though. Especially early in the morning, when the sun comes up. I stayed in a very seedy motel room on the border of Death Valley (Somehow all the hotel rooms in the small towns had no vacancy, we almost had to sleep in the car), it felt like I was in a movie

--Erwin
Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #35
Super Moderator

It's not in Vegas anymore...
Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Aye. And Atlantic City is like Vegas, except there's actually stuff to do besides gamble, eat, and watch Wayne Newton.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #37
eXo

Quote:
deja vu

Quote:
as of yesterday it seems the entire show has been canceled.... check out the site - now its being held in .. Atlantic City? in September...?
Screw them.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #38
Under pressure.

Quote:
Yeah, they shouldn't have picked the "Mirage" hotel to host it. Heh.

--Erwin
Old 04-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #39

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

I was originally going to go to the one in Vegas as a speaker/panelist, but ended up declining when I was told that I would still have to pay full price for a pass. To get a free pass I would have to do 4-5 panels plus workshops, which is not something I eager to do considering I still had to pay for my flight and hotel.

Atlantic City is a lot closer to me than Vegas. Only a few hours drive. I might go, just for kicks. Assuming it actually happens.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #40
eXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGilbert View Post
I was originally going to go to the one in Vegas as a speaker/panelist, but ended up declining when I was told that I would still have to pay full price for a pass. To get a free pass I would have to do 4-5 panels plus workshops, which is not something I eager to do considering I still had to pay for my flight and hotel.

Atlantic City is a lot closer to me than Vegas. Only a few hours drive. I might go, just for kicks. Assuming it actually happens.
4-5 workshops?

What, were they going to have one for each guest?