You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall: Limited Edition, anybody??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #61
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Great, eh?

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #62
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Yeah. Except for the worst slipcase planning I've ever seen .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #63
merely human

So what exactly do you get for paying the extra money for this limited edition?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #64
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

A warm, glowy feeling inside. And a disc that doesn't work on the Xbox .

Old 05-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #65
merely human

I'm serious. What exactly do you get?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #66
Dungeon Master

See post 11.

© by Melanie68
Old 05-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #67
merely human

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by post 11 by stinking_dylan
It comes in a white slipcase with an artbook and the soundtrack EP.
Hmmm, nothing I would've missed. I just want the game, nothing else.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:08 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
You know, I gotta say this Limited Edition is better than the rest of the "Special Editions" I've seen due to the fact that it has the same goodies as those Collector's Editions that make an Xbox look small, and yet it's the size of only two DVDs!
Agreed. I really hate those huge boxes. What, do they think that their special edition is the only special edition were going to buy? I was lucky to find somebody selling the extras from the Exile special edition on ebay, which I bought and included with my regular edition in a mortal sized box =D

Plus, I hate it when they make games which will be primarily aimed at adults, and then produce a special edition which is aimed at 12 year olds with things like a tshirt, poster and plastic toy. Neverwinter Nights is a good example.

Give us 'making off' featurettes, interviews and trailers on DVD, artbooks, novellas, music albums. These are things which are interesting, useful and something you'll look at in years to come without even having to re-install the game.

Dreamfall, Oblivion, Myst 5, Silent Hill 2, all had great special editions IMO. One to look out for is the Neverwinter Nights 2 special ed. I've seen it on the official forums and it looks really nice. Looks kind of like a leather bound hardback book, similar to Myst 5. (sorry to go off topic...)
Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 AM   #69
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Yeah. Except for the worst slipcase planning I've ever seen .
No wonder it says "ASS SOFTWARE PACKAGING" on my Dreamfall delivery box.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #70
The Thread™ will die.

Heh. Well spotted!

But seriously, whichever idiot designed the slip case should be in trouble. It's as if they never checked the size of the contents when designing it .

Old 05-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #71
Explorer

Well my Ltd Ed arrived today by UPS, from Ohio, 7 days after shipped!

The slipcase isn't THAT bad... the book / DVD case fit quite well in the slipcase, it's not as bad as many people are making it out to be, in my opinion. Mine does have a large crease down the spine of the slipcase... but that's almost surely caused by the assembly of the slipcase (try opening a game box and you'll always crease the top of it) and not by the shrinkwrapping - the shrinkwrapping was not tight at all. I had two very small creases on the top front of the box, and one slight wrinkle on the top of the box, but not large enough at all to be a big deal. Basically I'll display the box with the DVD and book facing outward, so I don't really care about the creasing on the spine.

I have yet to install the game - I'll hopefully do that and get to play the game tomorrow on my dad's computer.

The art book is VERY cool... it's a real shame it's only DVD-case-sized, but it's cool nonetheless.

The art prints with pre-order are kind of cool, nothing too special but still a nice extra. 5" x 7" each, printed on fairly light stock with basic gloss. I was lucky to get 2 copies of one of them, the one of the buildings by the water, because they were kind of stuck together just a bit so whoever packed it didn't realize there were 2 probably. The "art prints" weren't protected at all, they were just in the bottom of the box underneath the game, and then just some paper put on top of that - but, no damage surprisingly.

So I'm glad I ordered the Ltd Ed, now maybe I'll play the game!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #72

Just received mine. Other than the actual shipping packaging (no real padding, the stuff was just sliding around in the box), I don't have any problems with mine. Slip case isn't really very loose at all, no creases on it, no damage to anything.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:49 PM   #73

I ordered my Limited Edition yesterday (from the Funcom store) and I live in Australia. Any idea how long it should take to arrive?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #74
Super Moderator

I actually got mine last night (complete with crease in the box which didn't seem to be from tight shrinkwrap - It seems more like it may have been a handling issue.). Of course I was impatient to play the game so I got the regular PC-CDROM version (with 6 disks) but now I own a DVD version (just one disk).

Maybe I should play it again.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #75
I've come for the fork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
I actually got mine last night (complete with crease in the box which didn't seem to be from tight shrinkwrap - It seems more like it may have been a handling issue.). Of course I was impatient to play the game so I got the regular PC-CDROM version (with 6 disks) but now I own a DVD version (just one disk).

Maybe I should play it again.
I did the same thing.. didn't want to wait and bought the 6 disc version and finished it before the LE dvd got here. Definately going to play it again.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:14 AM   #76
Hitch-Hiker

I played Dreamfall so long I think the CD started melting. No joke.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 05-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Am I the only unlucky one which still hasn't received the Limited Edition exactly two weeks after Funcom wrote me to confirm they just sent it?

Funcom wrote to wait 7-20 days for the delivery though, plus the Italian Post is famous bacause lost packages and delays are not so uncommon...
Well, you're not alone Mine was shipped on the 10th and I'm still waiting for it to arrive...
Old 05-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #78
Explorer

Quote:
I played Dreamfall so long I think the CD started melting.
Except it doesn't actually run off the disc, does it? The DVD doesn't, it runs off the hard drive. It just checks the DVD in your DVD drive.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #79
Explorer

Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 AM   #80
Hitch-Hiker

Eh?! You're prints came laminated?!

_