You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Ideas for future AG Community Playthroughs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #21
fov
Rattenmonster

I'd be up for Grim Fandango or Blade Runner. But I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with you guys, timing-wise.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #22

Conquests of the Longbow wasn't a bad suggestion, but I doubt many will have it. How about one of the Laura Bow games, or Grim Fandango?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #23
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Looks like its gonna be Grimm...although its not that much shorter than MI2
Old 01-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #24
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
Mistah Lacey: I dunno, I skimmed through eBay UK, and none of the Sanitarium auctions look horribly priced, though admittedly there are far more copies available on eBay US.
Yeah, there are a few. But they're all either charging £15-20, or they've already got a bidder on them. I'm not about to get involved in a bidding war, because it always leads to me paying more than I'm happy to .

I played the demo of Sanitarium once and liked it, so I have nothing against the game personally .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #25
fov
Rattenmonster

Did you guys never get a budget version of Sanitarium in the UK?

I haven't looked for it lately, but not too long ago it was seling for $10 here in one of those cardboard jewel case / box thingies. Before that it had been very hard to find and high priced on eBay.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #26
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Mistah Lacey: Ah. For most games I can understand that, but Sanitarium's pretty easy to pick up... even before it was re-released I bought two copies on two separate occasions for about $20 each time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 01-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #27
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
As a commerical game, I vote for Shadow of Destiny / Shadow of Memories. It's a short enough game that it doesn't take forever to play, but there are multiple endings which gives it replay value, and the story gives you A LOT to talk about.
As much as I like it, how could you do that for such a non linear game?
Old 01-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #28
Staff Member

I suggest Full Throttle. Not only is it short, linear, and segmented, but it is the most stylistically self-contained game I have ever played. And a great soundtrack to boot! Oh, and the best puzzle ever.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #29
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
As much as I like it, how could you do that for such a non linear game?

Shadow of Destiny is extremely linear (chapter 1 leads to chapter 2, etc). Other than a few small differences in the way you can solve some of the puzzles puzzles, it's not until chapter 8 (the last chapter) that things really diverge.

EDIT: And if the people involved weren't dead set on figuring out everything in the game by themselves, the differences that can occur in the way things are done might make for some interesting discussion. As in, "You solved the puzzle that way?! That never would have occurred to me. I'll have to go back and try it." People usually want to hear this stuff when they finish the game, anyway, because replaying it from scratch without knowing what to do differently is a daunting task.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #30
Codger

I loved Lighthouse and would love to play it again as a Myst clone. Ditto the two Shivers.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
Riddle of Master Lu I haven't played yet.
Not sure if you put it in the Myst category on purpose, but if you did, well, that's a mistake, it's a (very hard) inventory based 3rd person FMV game.
And one that's very hard to run on XP, I shall hasten to add.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Blade Runner.
I really really don't see how Blade Runner could work in such a thread, because even two person doing the same things might end up with different ending.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #33
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Why three simultaneous threads? Won't the same people be participating in all of them? The BaSS playthrough has been extremely time-consuming; Who has the time for three games at once?

But don't mind me- I probably won't be participating in the next playthrough anyway; after BaSS, I'll need some time off.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:07 AM   #34
woof

Wait 3 games? i thought it was just a comercial and an amature?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:17 AM   #35
Senior *female* member

Why is everybody bent on replaying the classics? Nobody wants to try something different or something they haven't played before?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:22 AM   #36
woof

I wouldnt mind playing something new, although something new to me could be an old classic to you
Old 01-17-2006, 02:47 AM   #37
Easily amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Not sure if you put it in the Myst category on purpose, but if you did, well, that's a mistake, it's a (very hard) inventory based 3rd person FMV game.
And one that's very hard to run on XP, I shall hasten to add.
Oh, I was under the impression that it was a Myst-like game. It is hard to run. I haven't been able to get it to play on any of my 3 computers (Win95, Win98, Win XP) even with DOSbox.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
Oh, I was under the impression that it was a Myst-like game. It is hard to run. I haven't been able to get it to play on any of my 3 computers (Win95, Win98, Win XP) even with DOSbox.
I think running it under DOSBox was rather 'standard procedure', but maybe I've forgotten something (I seem to remember the installation was a mess, though, and I think I more or less ended up putting the whole CD on my hard drive and editing the config file by hand). It is quite resource-demanding, though.

And it really has nothing in common with Myst.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 01-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #39
Easily amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien
Why is everybody bent on replaying the classics? Nobody wants to try something different or something they haven't played before?
I kind of like the idea of playing older games , not only because there are many that I've never experienced, but because it gives me a different perspective. I would think that young, newish gamers may need some encouragement to try something that is graphically archaic to what is available today. It also helps exemplify the fact that the 'look' of an adventure is not really what counts. Crude graphics and MIDI audio can be overshadowed by a good story with interesting challenges.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:00 AM   #40
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I wouldnt mind playing something new, although something new to me could be an old classic to you
The Dig is an old classic and I just started it.

I thought BASS was an excellent choice. Free and not everybody has played it. I hadn't. I didn't much care for it, but that's beside the point. It was interesting to play it along with other people and read what they had to say about it.

Whatever people decide to play is fine with me. Having said that, I don't think the Feeble Files would be a good choice. Far too long. And I mean loooooooong. I've already played Grim Fandango twice and the Last Express even three times. Sanatarium was a long time ago, have almost forgotten what it was like, so I second that. Shadow of Destiny is an excellent choice too. Or the Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes.