You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Runaway: A Twist Of Fate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
3rd person fanatic :)

Default Runaway: A Twist Of Fate

Finally some information about the third Runaway game!

I think it's really great, that they've kept the comic cartoon style and prerendered 2D backgrounds also in this sequel. This was great news, because first two games of the series have been totally awesome.

And those 2 first screens were very, very promising!

How do you folks like it?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:33 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I've played the first Runway and it was totally a letdown. Unsympathetic characters and a "humor" that do everything but make me laugh. But a couple of friends of mine - who have played Dream of the turtle - say that it keeps getting better: maybe one day I'll play it, if the third chapter seriously have a more "serious tone", like I read on the news here at AG.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-03-2008, 06:03 AM   #3

"A Twist of Fate is not intended to be a direct continuation of that story, but rather an all-new Runaway adventure that's accessible even to series newcomers."

This worries me a bit. I hope that they address the cliffhanger from #2...
Old 03-03-2008, 06:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwards View Post
"A Twist of Fate is not intended to be a direct continuation of that story, but rather an all-new Runaway adventure that's accessible even to series newcomers."

Well, would seem quite wierd if they didn't. I'm seriously looking forward to this.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
Confused

I'm wondering if it'll be one of those things where you don't find out what happened straight away, and instead you find out how you got from the end of 2 to the start of 3 during the game.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #6

The runaway series looks nice graphically, but come on. It is one of the most illogical and poorly written ag's out there! Terrible characters that I don't care a lick about and dumb puzzles and LOOONG boring dialog.

Part 3? Nope.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #7

Well nightmares are emerging and maybe I would prefer Freddy to this. Both Dreamfall and Runaway (sorry for putting those two together) provided player some fun but weren´t anything much cool and now they are over-stretching story with both of them? Or at least this is how I see it, if they mean that story of Runawy 2´ll be resumed very quickly so they can go to the third separate episode, why to have a cliffhanger in the first place?

Last edited by Rhodan; 03-05-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwards View Post

That worries me too. Why would they do do that! Grrr. It's not looking good for the new Runaway right now, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see until there's more press for it.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Under pressure.

I still have to play the second one. Maybe this weekend!

--Erwin
Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #10

I wonder how well it will work on the DS system, can't wait to find out.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #11

I liked the first one but the second one was more than boring. I had to use a walkthrough so I can be done with it. I had no interest in finishing.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #12
The Quiet One

The first one was alright, and like a lot of people have said, the stories and characters aren't very interesting. Plus, a number of the puzzles and pixel hunts are annoying. I'm actually surprised i completed it by myself (with the exception of a couple of puzzles). Love the cartoon graphics and the ambient music.

Still haven't got around to getting and playing the second one yet. Wonder when i will? :-/ From what i've heard so far it's pretty much the same but with better visuals.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #13
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Meh. I too am somewhat disappointed with the Runaway series. Both tend to suffer in both the puzzle & humor aspects. Humor, I can forgive because I suspect that a lot of the humor doesn't translate well, or at very least the translation isn't done all that great.

However, while Runaway 1 felt a tad too long, Runaway 2 felt like half a game. Its much shorter than R1, and leaves you with a cliffhanger after a totally nonsensical final chapter.

Yeah, I really hated that final chapter.

Plus, the whole
Spoiler:
alien
angle just didn't work for me. It seemed really stupid & out of place.

SWB
Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Knights Templar

I personally cannot wait for Runaway 3. I absolutely loved the first two games - I can't understand why people are so harsh about them - they are superbly well made and give or take the odd strange plot-line, do the job superbly.