Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Runaway: A Twist Of Fate (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/22070-runaway-twist-fate.html)

MoonBird 03-02-2008 06:15 AM

Runaway: A Twist Of Fate

Finally some information about the third Runaway game!

I think it's really great, that they've kept the comic cartoon style and prerendered 2D backgrounds also in this sequel. This was great news, because first two games of the series have been totally awesome.

And those 2 first screens were very, very promising!

How do you folks like it?

AndreaDraco83 03-03-2008 05:33 AM

I've played the first Runway and it was totally a letdown. Unsympathetic characters and a "humor" that do everything but make me laugh. But a couple of friends of mine - who have played Dream of the turtle - say that it keeps getting better: maybe one day I'll play it, if the third chapter seriously have a more "serious tone", like I read on the news here at AG.

Inwards 03-03-2008 06:03 AM

"A Twist of Fate is not intended to be a direct continuation of that story, but rather an all-new Runaway adventure that's accessible even to series newcomers."

This worries me a bit. I hope that they address the cliffhanger from #2...

xnine 03-03-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inwards (Post 461433)
"A Twist of Fate is not intended to be a direct continuation of that story, but rather an all-new Runaway adventure that's accessible even to series newcomers."

Well, would seem quite wierd if they didn't. I'm seriously looking forward to this.

OutlawJim 03-03-2008 08:08 AM

I'm wondering if it'll be one of those things where you don't find out what happened straight away, and instead you find out how you got from the end of 2 to the start of 3 during the game.

indyjones2131 03-03-2008 09:24 AM

The runaway series looks nice graphically, but come on. It is one of the most illogical and poorly written ag's out there! Terrible characters that I don't care a lick about and dumb puzzles and LOOONG boring dialog.

Part 3? Nope.

Rhodan 03-05-2008 12:26 PM

Well nightmares are emerging and maybe I would prefer Freddy to this. Both Dreamfall and Runaway (sorry for putting those two together) provided player some fun but weren´t anything much cool and now they are over-stretching story with both of them? Or at least this is how I see it, if they mean that story of Runawy 2´ll be resumed very quickly so they can go to the third separate episode, why to have a cliffhanger in the first place?

cwapitm 03-05-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inwards (Post 461433)

That worries me too. Why would they do do that! Grrr. It's not looking good for the new Runaway right now, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see until there's more press for it.

Erwin_Br 03-06-2008 03:18 PM

I still have to play the second one. Maybe this weekend!

--Erwin

Trader 03-08-2008 10:19 AM

I wonder how well it will work on the DS system, can't wait to find out.

GhostPirateLechuck 03-08-2008 12:44 PM

I liked the first one but the second one was more than boring. I had to use a walkthrough so I can be done with it. I had no interest in finishing.

DustyShinigami 03-08-2008 01:35 PM

The first one was alright, and like a lot of people have said, the stories and characters aren't very interesting. Plus, a number of the puzzles and pixel hunts are annoying. I'm actually surprised i completed it by myself (with the exception of a couple of puzzles). Love the cartoon graphics and the ambient music.

Still haven't got around to getting and playing the second one yet. Wonder when i will? :-/ From what i've heard so far it's pretty much the same but with better visuals.

Sky Warrior Bob 03-08-2008 04:29 PM

Meh. I too am somewhat disappointed with the Runaway series. Both tend to suffer in both the puzzle & humor aspects. Humor, I can forgive because I suspect that a lot of the humor doesn't translate well, or at very least the translation isn't done all that great.

However, while Runaway 1 felt a tad too long, Runaway 2 felt like half a game. Its much shorter than R1, and leaves you with a cliffhanger after a totally nonsensical final chapter.

Yeah, I really hated that final chapter.

Plus, the whole
Spoiler:
alien
angle just didn't work for me. It seemed really stupid & out of place.

SWB

dazsin 03-13-2008 09:49 AM

I personally cannot wait for Runaway 3. I absolutely loved the first two games - I can't understand why people are so harsh about them - they are superbly well made and give or take the odd strange plot-line, do the job superbly.