You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Which one is more bitchy

View Poll Results: Who is the most bitchy one
Victoria McPherson - Still Life 12 32.43%
April Ryan -TLJ 10 27.03%
Kate Walker-Syberia 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #21
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Kate Walker surely wins
Old 11-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #22
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I have played the three games on that list, and I still vote for Nico in BS 2.. Her behavior was really bad some places..

I don't see Kate Walker as a "bitch", she's more of a whiner.
I agree more with ariels definition of a bitch; a girl who's not afraid of saying what she means, even if it's rude, and using that definition, I'd vote for April, even though most of the time it's you who choose her "bitch level".

I don't see this poll as a negative poll, as "which one of these do you hate" even though I know snake doesn't like TLJ, and I think he's expressed dislike with the other two too..

TLJ is my favorite game, much because of April's character. She's not an angel, and she can be irritating some times, but a perfect character would be more irritating.

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 11-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #23
Slim Shady

Nico does show her tits in BS 2 (I can hear the question "where") if that makes her a bitch I might understand that but other than that I don't consider her bitchy, a bit annoying in some places but that's about it.Grace Nakimura is also bitchy in GK 2 but it's because of the actress who plays the role rather than the character itself so I didn't include her.And finally no I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #24
The Ultimate Insult

Yeah but wasnt that like a extra/cheat thing? Not actually part of the game.. its been a long time since I played BS2.. I played 1 recently and I own it but not 2.. hm.

Currently playing; CSI Deadly Intent, Tales Of Monkey Island Ep 1
Recently finished;Secret Files Puritas Cordis, Prof Layton and Pandora's Box
Eagerly anticipating;Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe new world, Nearly Departed
Old 11-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #25
Slim Shady

Yep, it was an easteregg.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #26
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I don't think showing your boobs is bitchy, no, but she orders him around a lot, and tends to be pretty pissed, short-tempered..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 11-25-2006, 03:46 AM   #27

HI

I'm exactly sure what it means that I have morals...

I just would like to point out that most women who speak their minds freely and dare to express themselves and say what they think often are considered 'bitches.' That's why I wrote that I really don't see the need for girls or women to be labed as a bitch --- just for speaking her mind.

And the point was also that a man doing the same thing, would not be called a [censored], but would just be respected as a man.

I'm well aware that the OP didn't want to offend anyone. Maybe ius bacause I'm Danish and used to the Danish girls who really says what on their minds all the time. And no one calls them bitches..

Even though, I haven't played TLJ yet (unless you count the demo), I can imagine that April Ryan from TLJ might be just that --- a girl saying what she to sat in the manner she wants to say what she needs to say. Then the game was developed in Norway...

aries323
Old 11-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #28
Slim Shady

There's a difference between saying what's on your mind and being just plain rude.So the bitchy ones are those rude and the annoying ones.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:27 AM   #29
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Grace Nakimura from GK 2 out-bitches ALL of them, regardless of whether it was the actress or not. Also, Carl's girlfriend/boss in 11th Hour was a real piece of work.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:19 AM   #30

Victoria, hands down.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #31
Game Creator Hobbyist

Strange question, but surely Lewton from Discworld Noir comes closest to being a bitch. (Saying more would be a spoiler, so I won't.)
Old 11-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
And the point was also that a man doing the same thing, would not be called a [censored], but would just be respected as a man.
Totally true, aries!
Quote:
Even though, I haven't played TLJ yet (unless you count the demo), I can imagine that April Ryan from TLJ might be just that --- a girl saying what she to sat in the manner she wants to say what she needs to say. Then the game was developed in Norway...
Actually, it's strange that they picked the TLJ April because nothing she said could be construed as rude. They might have been thinking of the DF April who was a bit more mature and jaded by life. Nonetheless, neither DF/TLJ April nor Kate were rude by anyone's stretch of the imagination, particularly if they were guys saying the same thing. And although they did speak their mind and they did inject wry humor, at times, they were certainly never as adolescent and crude as guys who are so intimidated by confident and smart girls they resort to calling them bitches.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 11-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #33
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
they were certainly never as adolescent and crude as guys who are so intimidated by confident and smart girls they resort to calling them bitches.
That. Was. Aweeeeeesoooooome!! lol
Old 11-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #34
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

OMGZORZ THIS THREAD IS SEXIST!!!!111

Just kidding. I haven't played any of the games in the poll, so I'd have to go with Trumgottist's answer.

Spoiler:
Although Carlotta would surely fit the description of "bitch" a lot better in the literal sense, wouldn't she?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:13 AM   #35
Game Creator Hobbyist

Squinky: Right, I forgot that. It's been too long since I played the game.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #36
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Actually I remember Broken Sword 2 a little now. I remember Nico fighting with George at the most pointless times. That annoyed the crap out of me. And I remember when she woke up from some sort of long sickness the first thing she does is yell at George. Nothing like the Nico from BS1. The fact that voiceactress was changed from a pretty good one to a really bad one didn't help. Of course, I'm talking in the nonliteral sense of the word.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:53 AM   #37
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Grace Nakimura is also bitchy in GK 2 but it's because of the actress who plays the role rather than the character itself so I didn't include her.
It's been a while since I played the GK series but I've just finished reading Jensen's novel The Beast Within and I'd say dear Gracey is a bitch par excellence, the way Jane portrays her!

Of course, Gabriel is not a very pleasant character either. Jane does her utmost to make him arrogant, condescending and generally unappealing... even physically, in descriptions of Gabriel's dirty hair for instance.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #38

I confess that I find this thread somewhat disturbing, but perhaps I have missed something. Perhaps someone could tell me what specifically about Kate Walker caused them to rate her as the "most bitchy." I really can't think what she did or said that would rate that--to me--extreme and insulting label.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #39

Quote:
HI

I'm exactly sure what it means that I have morals...

I just would like to point out that most women who speak their minds freely and dare to express themselves and say what they think often are considered 'bitches.' That's why I wrote that I really don't see the need for girls or women to be labed as a bitch --- just for speaking her mind.

I agree that it is very sexist to call a woman who speaks her mind a bitch, but then I don't know anyone who uses the word by that definition. The way I see it, a bitch is a woman who says what she thinks when it hurts others, and also generally acts as if she is superior to everyone else. That it not the same as just saying what you think in general.

A man who hurts others by speaking his mind and acts superior would just as soon by called as a bastard or an asshole as a woman'd be called a bitch. For the record, I would not, nor would anyone decent person I know, call a woman a bitch just for, for example, saying that she completely disagrees with me. Generalising about men in that way is just as sexist as calling woman who think for themselves bitches.

Anyway, by the defenition given above, I don't think either of the three nominees are bitches. Elayne certainly, and Grace maybe, but then Gabriel was every bit the bastard that Grace was the bitch. But that's good, colorfull characters make a game interesting.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattsukrabe View Post
I confess that I find this thread somewhat disturbing, but perhaps I have missed something. Perhaps someone could tell me what specifically about Kate Walker caused them to rate her as the "most bitchy." I really can't think what she did or said that would rate that--to me--extreme and insulting label.
What we have here, Rattsukrabe, is insult masked as silliness. Kate certainly doesn't deserve the title of this poll and this poll certainly doesn't deserve serious attention. Besides, it seems pretty obvious that most people who voted for her haven't even played the Syberia games.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)