You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 05:03 AM   #1
Banned User

Default Third Person Perspective

I love that this upcoming Sherlock episode is a third person perspective adventure game.

I believe that you made a movement from first person to third on purpose. So, what has this change enabled you to do with the game? How has this change affected development of the game, its story and overall atmosphere?

Also, what challenges, if any, have you encountered in moving into the realm of third person perspective?

Thanks!

Kirk Latimer
Old 08-26-2004, 04:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I love that this upcoming Sherlock episode is a third person perspective adventure game.

I believe that you made a movement from first person to third on purpose. So, what has this change enabled you to do with the game? How has this change affected development of the game, its story and overall atmosphere?

Also, what challenges, if any, have you encountered in moving into the realm of third person perspective?

Thanks!

Kirk Latimer
Third person was the best point of view for this game, based on the gameplay and low minimum requirements,

As we already made Journey to the center of the earth with the same engine slightly modified, it wasn't very different in the case of the silver earring. the difference lies in the difference of proportion of interior and exterior sets, as the silver earring takes place mostly in interiors.

the third person is better for me than the node system, it opens the screen and perspective of playing. But we are changing the technology also on our next game to swith to real time 3D, which is very immersive and allow us to add very interesting visual effects.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:37 AM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wael
...we are changing the technology also on our next game to swith to real time 3D, which is very immersive and allow us to add very interesting visual effects.
This is a bold move that won't sit well with everyone, Wael, but for myself and many others here, this is welcome news. Can't WAIT to see what you guys come up with!