You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews A Few Pointers : Pahelika - Secret Legends

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
NO senior just Senorita..

Default A Few Pointers : Pahelika - Secret Legends

There is a new game around the block...It has a nice catchy name....
The problem is the legends here are so secret that the game didn't allow me to know any of them...
Somewhere into the middle of the game I managed to solve a puzzle and to my surprise the door didn't open...Checking the guide ,I have seen I got it right alright...Checking the Web show me there is a bug...But wait there is an official patch...I applied the patch only to discover that nothing is changed...The damned door won't open ( EDIT : After checking more carefully I noticed the patch needs to be put manually into the right place where the game is installed)....At this point I could start over ,but since up to that point I wasn't into that game I decided to erase it and forget I have ever heard about it....
So just let me tell you what I have seen here and if any one of you managed to finish it and has something useful to add you are welcomed to do so here....
This game has two main sections...
The first is the one that tells you the story...it is presented like reading a comic book with the hero who is the narrator tells you that there is a magic book called Pahelika hidden somewhere and your job is to discover where it is...The story is negligible and is only an excuse for the puzzles...
Except the narrator you won't see a soul here nor hear any other voice...
After a minute of telling you something about the plot,you will be taken into a place where the second section of the game starts....
Here you will solve all kinds of puzzles most of them are quite easy...
If you manage to solve all the puzzles there ,you will open a portal to send you back where you came from only to send to another place...
Each place you arrive empty handed and usually there is a hidden note to help you what's need to be done in that place....
The game is from 1st perpective and you click on everything you see on screen...Sometimes you will get a close-up of the item...Sometimes you will take an item into your inventory...Sometimes you will be getting a depiction of the item without any relevance to the main puzzle...and sometimes you are going to face some kind of puzzle you must solve to get a valuable item...And this type of gameplay goes on and on...
There are items hidden behind panels and you must pay a close attention to every suspicious detail to disclose all kinds of usefull items...I guess this belongs to the hidden objects trend going on in games nowadays....
There is also a tutorial who will tell you everything you need to know...
Don't expect the puzzles to be related to the story they are just a bunch of puzzles to solve...gymnastics for the brain...
They are not bad and for someone who looks for something not too demanding they just might do the trick...
For me it was just a waste of time...I usually tackle much more challenging puzzles...
Here is where to get the patch :
http://ironcode.com/wordpress/

There is also a free Guide of all solutions to the puzzles

My Final Verdict : If you need a vacation from hard challenging adventures this game is like a nice vacation resort to stretch your bones between hard adventures...

Last edited by Ursulla; 05-06-2009 at 01:14 PM.