You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
LGH

Default Companies

House of Tales cooperated with a lot of companies to produce this titles (one for cutscenes, one for the character models, one for motion capturing, even two companies for the music, the recording studios, the publishers of the different language versions...)

How difficult was it to keep everything coherent and to not become crazy in the meantime? And wasn't that REALLY expansive?

cu,
LGH
Old 11-10-2004, 03:01 PM   #2

Quote:
How difficult was it to keep everything coherent and to not become crazy in the meantime? And wasn't that REALLY expansive?
It worked great with four of the five. They all did an amazing job, and they exceeded our expectations by far. Thank you, guys, we love you, you know who you are!

There was one company, however, that deeply disappointed us. They got us into schedule trouble, and showed us the limits and problems of the outsourcing model. We won't work with them again.

Still, I consider it a huge success to have coordinated a project like this with three guys. It's a real challenge to work this way, and we're proud we made it.

About the costs: It was by far less expensive than doing it all in-house.

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 11-10-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:51 PM   #3

Hi, I'm just gonna hijack this thread and ask my question: Can you tell more about the music in the game? Who did it? Is there going to be soundtrack? If there was a company doing the music, how did it work out for you? What can you say about music in adventure games generally?

Ok that was more than one question

Best

Tapani
Old 11-11-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
Mostly absent

So much for sticking to the rules.

Start a new thread instead, Tabbu.