You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Grim Fandango - Manny keeps exiting scene

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #1

Default Grim Fandango - Manny keeps exiting scene

Right now I'm in year 3 of Grim Fandango. Whenever I try going back to the ship with Glottis on it, Manny immediately climbs buck up the anchor without letting me do anything. The first time I found Glottis, it worked fine. But after leaving the scene and trying to go back to him, Manny will just climb back up. I've tried holding down different buttons to try making him walk away from the chain, but it doesn't seem to help.

I can't tell if he does that because I don't need to be there, or if it's a bug. I'm worried this will keep me from completing a puzzle. I know I don't have inventory items to give him at the moment, but I was trying to see if there was any further conversation to have with him.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:13 AM   #2
Doctor Watson

You don't need to see Glottis - in fact, I solved that puzzle without ever finding Glottis down there.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #3

That's a relief.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #4

Default Manny & conveyor belt

I'm havin sort of same trouble with Manny on the conveyor belt @ the edge of the world. I know what I need 2 do, but he keeps being thrown off the belt and is left hanging on the rail ...very annoying coz I cant get to the switch( I need 2 flip 2 change direction of belt). Does anyone have a saved game just past this point? I've tried like 50 times to get past it, all I get is Manny on the rail saying "oh-oh".
Please help!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiks
I'm havin sort of same trouble with Manny on the conveyor belt @ the edge of the world. I know what I need 2 do, but he keeps being thrown off the belt and is left hanging on the rail ...very annoying coz I cant get to the switch( I need 2 flip 2 change direction of belt). Does anyone have a saved game just past this point? I've tried like 50 times to get past it, all I get is Manny on the rail saying "oh-oh".
Please help!
I might have run in to this as well. Hold down the run button so that you start running right when you enter the view with the switch. Hopefully that get you moving forward. Keep pressing the enter button like mad in hopes that Manny has the switch or conveyer belt jump off point in his sights.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #6

Thx, will try that.
No saved game?

Last edited by Shiks; 01-12-2005 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

yes this is indeed bug which wasn't fixed in the last patch, at least it didn't work for me.

the problem lies with todays processors, which are too fast, so i solved it with cpu slowdowner, then everything worked ok, once i passed this conveyer belt part, i just turned off the slowdowner and continued 'til the end without any further problems
Old 04-27-2005, 01:00 AM   #8

Sorry to bump an old thread but I did a google search for ""Grim Fandango" bug conveyor" and it brought me here. I'm replaying Grim Fandango after some years because it was so nice and i'm stuck on this damn part.

I have the same issue with getting down the conveyor to the switch and I cant manage it at all. Its super lame to get this bug for such a simple task as running down a conveyor please help.

Is there a proven way to get through this? I've tried running down the conveyor over and over and trying to hit the sweet spot with manny and the action key but no progress at all.

ah ok that was easy i just downloaded "cpukiller" and it worked easy. carry on

Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 04-27-2005 at 01:14 AM.