You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Return to Mysterious Island (demo)

Hey folks!

Just downloaded a demo of this game today, and it's looks very promising indeed! You can get it here if you like: http://www.fileprovider.com/file/878

Anyway, I managed to get stuck of course Here we go:

Spoiler:
I'm trying to catch the fish in the pond and all I need for my fishing pole now is a hook. But where do I find that? I've tried everything to try to get a thorn off the thorny branch, but maybe that's a wild goose chase...

Any tips greatly appreciated!
Old 10-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Okay, let's see now...
Spoiler:
On the beach there are some fragments of wood (part of a shipwreck I think). You need to hit one part with the flint(I think!), and then pick up the resulting timber and bit of metal. Sharpen the metal with the sandstone. That gives you a blade. You can then cut the thorns from the hanging vine thing up the hill. Heating these in a fire will cause them to curl, forming the hook for your fishing rod.

I hope that helps, my memory is somewhat flakey. In any case, there was a walkthrough supplied with the demo. (At least there was in the gamershell demo version).
Old 10-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #3

Default Relating to Return to Mysterious Island

Hi I also downloaded this demo but I am having technical issues when playing. I am running Windows XP Professional and my system specs are 2.6Ghz, 512 Mb RAM so I know I have enough speed to run it. When I am playing the game I go into the inventory window and when I find items that I can combine to make a final item, the computer seems to lock up and I cannot exit or move my mouse or anything, it just stops. I did try combining different things to see if it was just related to a particular set of objects but it's not. Any items I combine in the inventory window just totally locks the game unless there are some special keys I have to press to get out of it.

Any help on this issues would be appreciated
Old 10-24-2004, 10:26 AM   #4

Thanks for that Dale! I was so convinced I'd tried combining everything I had in the inventory... That was the only missing piece to end the demo though Looking forward to the full game to hit the stores.

Ciralia: What kind of graphics card do you have? I've got an ATI 9600 Pro card with the latest Omega drivers and experienced no problems. Try upgrading your graphics card drivers to the latest (and if that fails, maybe try downgrading to an earlier version...)