You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 07:03 AM   #1
kiss me Lewton

Send a message via MSN to carlotta von uberwald
Default syberia 2

:eek: Can anyone help me I've been trying to install syberia 2 put in second cd and it said file not found please try a new path or directory. I'm really in a crisis coz I really want to play this game HELP!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 07:52 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

Are you able to access the disk with Windows Explorer (not while trying to play the game, but just to see what's on the disk). This will tell you if you have a bad disk.

If you have more than one CD drive, have you tried the disk in the other drive too?

I don't know if this is a game that has copy protection issues - the problem sounds like what happens when the computer doesn't recognize the game's copy protection. Since it's a pretty new game, have you tried The Adventure Company's website to see if they say anything about this issue?

-emily
Old 09-26-2004, 06:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlotta von uberwald
:eek: Can anyone help me I've been trying to install syberia 2 put in second cd and it said file not found please try a new path or directory. I'm really in a crisis coz I really want to play this game HELP!!!

I lent my copy out, but I had the same problem with a different game. I ended up contacting the company and talking to them and they had me send them my disk (to be checked by them) and it was bad so they sent me a new one for free. Maybe you can contact the makers of it by email and tell them the problem you are haveing and go from there. ( they also usually have a phone # you can call insted of emailing if you want) good luck it is a good game.
shunshine161
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
kiss me Lewton

Send a message via MSN to carlotta von uberwald
Default syberia 2

thnx for the info guys but I installed the minimal install and it worked fine managed to complete it in 2 days it's better than syberia 1 totally a jerker at the end.