You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 03:55 AM   #1

Default SILVER EARRING - number-puzzle

Hi everyone!

I've been playing with the game for 2 days now, and I know that the number-puzzle has to be solved by the lines adding up 52. But even though they do so horizontally, the box won't open, so I'm afraid they have to match the creator's idea vertically , too. I have a little time to play, for I'm a working person ... ( but I'd be grateful, if someone could help me with the fully correct number order at this point. If there is any reference to this matter at other topics, excuse me for taking your time. But this game is so cool.

Thanks a lot,

RoBBie
8-)
Old 09-21-2004, 05:19 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

Hi, RoBBie. I think you just made a typo (since you typed it right in the other thread), but just to confirm, the number on the checkerboard have to add up to 55. Yes, it has to be both up/down and across, and you have to keep the black/white pattern. I'll link you to the solution below, but it's not actually that hard. Just find a row that's only missing ONE number, and add the number that brings the total to 55. Filling in that row will lead you to the next row with only one missing. Eventually, you'll hit a few with two numbers, but by then you'll have drastically narrowed down the checkers left.

If you're at the end of your rope, though, the solution is here:

Checkerboard solution
Old 09-21-2004, 06:23 AM   #3

Thanks a lot Jackal, indeed I found the solution you linked me right after I posted my question. I started the filling in with the exatcly same manner you did, but somehow I made a mistake at some point, and I was too sleepy (and next day's work was too close) to start over again.

I mistyped 55 to 52, sorry for that.

Thanks a lot for your help again, I'll keep on movin'!

At last there's a game where killing and shooting is not the only purpose...

see ya!