You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon
Default Still Life 2 problem

I got this game from Steam when they were selling it at a good price and have encountered a problem. Garris is picking the lock at the top of the hallway in the abandoned house and Vic is next to him. This is where I saved at. However, any time I go into another room, the screen goes black and the only thing present apart from Vic are the doors. Nothing else.

Is there any fix for this? I really don't want to go to an earlier save and have tried reloading, shutting down and restarting steam as well and changing graphics settings to no avail.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #2

I doubt it - I wish they would FIX that game if they are going to keep selling it. I bought it as a download from Adventure Shop as soon as it came out - and it was buggy and I couldn't even finish it - at the end the characters were moving so slow (I mean almost at a standstill) that it was unplayable. About a year or more later - I bought it again - boxed version (and have a top of the line game card - so its not my computer) and it was even worse than the download - buggy and slow from the beginning. It's a shame they have been selling a virtually unplayable product for years now - and they know it. While it doesn't even come close to the greatness of Still Life I - it would still be nice to play the 2nd one with no problems. I hope you can work it out!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #3

I got mine from steam also & yes the game has a few sections where the image disappears & only the sound could be heard, it does come back or you can just go back to your last save & re play. I have found it doesn't happen in the same spot each time.