You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #1

Default sherlock holmes nemesis again

I need help with the Reading Room. Anybody out there that will help me?
Old 11-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hi,

(By the way, you don't really need to start a completely new thread, you could have just re-posted in your original thread, and it would have moved back to the top. )

Which clue/book are currently stuck on? I played SH: Nemesis a few months back, and I remember stumbling on a few of the right books completely by accident. (That place was huge and the librarian guy was of no help most of the time! ) If you can please let me know, I may be able to either give you a nudge in the right direction OR tell you the exact answer if you wish.

T.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #3

Default Nemesis reply

I appreciate the tip on the posting. I hope I'm doin' this one right. Thank you
so much for getting back to me so quickly, and being nice.
Now, the Reading Room has gotten real old. When I enter "1476" in the card catalogue, it doesn't give me anything. Do I have to "eyeball" everything in the Exhibition Halls first? On an earlier attempt, I got through all the former to the third book. Couldn't find it anywhere. I'll take any help you can give me and exact answers would be great if you don't mind.
Thanks again
Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
Now, the Reading Room has gotten real old. When I enter "1476" in the card catalogue, it doesn't give me anything....I'll take any help you can give me and exact answers would be great if you don't mind.
From a walkthrough:

....Jump to Reading room. Use the card catalogue. Enter 1476. Pull handle.
Look for Hindu Enchantment at (D-14-7), at Area D, 2nd row at third level and column 7.
Search through the different pages for a clue.....
Old 11-26-2010, 02:33 AM   #5

Thanks for the walkthrough tidbit, but I already have the walkthrough. THanks anyway
Old 11-30-2010, 06:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Hi,

(By the way, you don't really need to start a completely new thread, you could have just re-posted in your original thread, and it would have moved back to the top. )

Which clue/book are currently stuck on? I played SH: Nemesis a few months back, and I remember stumbling on a few of the right books completely by accident. (That place was huge and the librarian guy was of no help most of the time! ) If you can please let me know, I may be able to either give you a nudge in the right direction OR tell you the exact answer if you wish.

T.
Hey Trunkyo!
It's "confused" again!! I never received any of your valuable knowledge on the Reading Room in Nemesis-(Sherlock Holmes). When I enter "1476" into the card catalogue, it just gives me a blur. I have checked out everything in the two exhibition halls and am totally stuck. I'll take any help you'd be willing to give me.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hi again confused,

Oops, sorry, I've only been on the forums briefly during the weekend so I missed this.

Hmm, since you already have the walkthough, might you have missed a step somewhere? I'm not sure exactly how linear this portion of the game is. Holmes' investigation obviously depends on his deductive and observational skills, so if he doesn't have a reason to look for a particular book yet the game may not let you proceed. (Like I said before, I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon some of the right books by accident through the library's "search" function.)
Spoiler:
Did you (i.e. Holmes) go back to the large door in the Egyptian and Babylonian Hall and look at it closely, as instructed? Holmes would have to look at the exact rows to deduce the correct number to enter (1476 = 41 men [4th row from the bottom] x 36 horse legs [7th row from the top]).
Are you playing the disc version or the downloaded version of the game? I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll re-install the game (disc version) and replay the Museum portion to see if I can play through it without any problems. Hopefully, it's not a bug. If it is, you might have to replay the game from before the occurence of the theft.

T.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Hi again confused,

Oops, sorry, I've only been on the forums briefly during the weekend so I missed this.

Hmm, since you already have the walkthough, might you have missed a step somewhere? I'm not sure exactly how linear this portion of the game is. Holmes' investigation obviously depends on his deductive and observational skills, so if he doesn't have a reason to look for a particular book yet the game may not let you proceed. (Like I said before, I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon some of the right books by accident through the library's "search" function.)
Spoiler:
Did you (i.e. Holmes) go back to the large door in the Egyptian and Babylonian Hall and look at it closely, as instructed? Holmes would have to look at the exact rows to deduce the correct number to enter (1476 = 41 men [4th row from the bottom] x 36 horse legs [7th row from the top]).
Are you playing the disc version or the downloaded version of the game? I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll re-install the game (disc version) and replay the Museum portion to see if I can play through it without any problems. Hopefully, it's not a bug. If it is, you might have to replay the game from before the occurence of the theft.

T.

Thanks for your trouble!! I really appreciate it!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
Thanks for your trouble!! I really appreciate it!!!
Hey! It's me, confused again, only now not so confused. I finally, believe it or not, figured out what I was doing wrong. No glitch, just ignorance. Thanks for your help.