You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 04:08 AM   #1

Default No pass in drawer @ brunwald castle

'IJ Last Crusade' third floor castle

I stand in the empy officer-office excluded dog, the only problem is that im absolutley sure that there isnt any "pass" inside that drawer an ingame-scrip should have played @ the officers office as soon as i open the chest with theiuniform...according to this video atleast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aggVH...eature=related
but i guess it could be random trigger for each playtrough?

Is this save useless now and i must replay one older save before this movie in the youtube link?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #2

For Colonel Vogel to put the pass into the drawer, you need to have given the old painting to the guard stationed in front of the paintings room (when disguised as a servant). If you just beat the guard or talked your way through wearing your Indy clothes, there's no way you'll ever get the pass unless you go back to an earlier save. The pass is not essential to finish the game, but it helps a lot (and gaining access into the vault also gives you an important clue to identify the Grail at the end of the game).
Old 05-29-2010, 02:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
For Colonel Vogel to put the pass into the drawer, you need to have given the old painting to the guard stationed in front of the paintings room (when disguised as a servant). If you just beat the guard or talked your way through wearing your Indy clothes, there's no way you'll ever get the pass unless you go back to an earlier save. The pass is not essential to finish the game, but it helps a lot (and gaining access into the vault also gives you an important clue to identify the Grail at the end of the game).
Oh..i who took for granted that this pass whas to open dads prison-cell since he refuses to jump out of the window the normal way...
my poor brain now first realize that this pass is allso! included in that same task thatt you revealed earlier..disable the alarm to travel to Berlin
i beliveve im gonna have to see this in motion pictures to ever see the supposed connection between this 2 events and perhaps not even then..!

Quote:
It allows you to escape from the castle with Henry without getting caught (i.e. skipping the sequence where you're tied to a chair). But then, you never get the chance to have the Grail diary taken from you and to go to Berlin, which isn't nice since going there can be tremendously useful later on in the game. Another case of this poorly-designed game punishing you for being too clever.

Im extremely tired of the castle allready and wanna get moving as soon as possible, so can you here and now spoil how i get senior to leave his prison cell? if i remember right guides also suggest that you cantalk to Henry from outside his prison cell, even if i cant free him cause of my previous misses?
i have not even located him yet, but i suppose he is on the 3 floor allso, and that Hulk Hogan on the same floor guards his door?

Last edited by Bryskens; 05-29-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #4

See here for a full guide. Basically, from where you are:

1) Get the trophy in Vogel's office. Fill it with beer in the kitchen.
2) Give it to Biff (the big guy). Punch him when he's drunk.
3) Go past him, to the south corridor. Talk to/beat the guard, get the key to Henry's cell in the room behind him.
4) Now go to the north corridor, find the door with the alarm wires sticking out, unlock it with the key.

But you'll definitely regret not having the pass later on...
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #5

Quote:
See here for a full guide. Basically, from where you are:

1) Get the trophy in Vogel's office. Fill it with beer in the kitchen.
2) Give it to Biff (the big guy). Punch him when he's drunk.
3) Go past him, to the south corridor. Talk to/beat the guard, get the key to Henry's cell in the room behind him.
4) Now go to the north corridor, find the door with the alarm wires sticking out, unlock it with the key.

But you'll definitely regret not having the pass later on...
thanks, just one extra question here, i find this guide and many else on the net pretty 'world-away-turned' when it comes to Henrys involvment in the game, right now im inside the Zeppelin with dad!!, but the guides only offer solutions based on taken for granted that i have Henry with me instead of dad
for example it have to be Henry that lay a coin in the piano player bowl it is said, i did it with Dad and it worked just as good? something i missunderstand here?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #6

Um, Henry Jones Sr. is Indiana Jones' dad.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 AM   #7

You have to admit, it does get confusing ...

"Junior!"
"Dad?"
"Henry?"
"Indy?"
"Dr Jones?"
"Yes?" "Yes?"

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
You have to admit, it does get confusing ...

"Junior!"
"Dad?"
"Henry?"
"Indy?"
"Dr Jones?"
"Yes?" "Yes?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGothic View Post
Um, Henry Jones Sr. is Indiana Jones' dad.
Rödepulse!
lol my "ADD" confusion made its mark here damn i can never be one step before it!
pretty interesting since im a Indy movie fan on top of this
here is the dude my imagination mixed up with Henry
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001071/

Infact during this brunwald playthrough i have the entire time been convinced that there are 2 prisoners held in the castle, Henry & Mr.Marcus!
http://www.iafd.com/person.rme/perfi...mr.-marcus.htm? since i know the movies well i found that wery odd draw, but then decided it was probably a change in the script Lucasarts made to make this game more interesting, before consider suspecting it was my brain that changed the script to make this thread more interesting

If you wanna laugh go back from the beginning of my 2 threads over Brunwald castle and try to see my brain interpreting Kurufinwe information wrong, my conclusion became that i accepted i could not save Marcus at the same time cause i couldnt find that pass in the colonels drawer, i somewhat saw a connection between that and finding the celldoor key for Henry

any ideas what i shall do now?