You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems I Am Not Alone Resolution Too Big!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
kiss me Lewton

Send a message via MSN to carlotta von uberwald
Default I Am Not Alone Resolution Too Big!!!

I started the game I Am Not Alone the first few logo screens run fine then in the main menu the resolution is so big I can't see hardly anything!!! so I have to press the windows key then windows is still big so I restart. Then I get a big system crash it gets to the login screen but there are no buttons, text box or login picture square HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz? Plus I tried the setting run in minimized window still the same problem.

The sacred lace of Hyperopia the goddess of shoes, the holy trolley of Mr. Safeway, the blessed chamber pot of the whinging martyrs of constipata. Anything could become a sacred relic if you weren't careful enough.

I never misenthropated anything!

Malaclypse is a nut!!!

Keep The Adventure Alive!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #2

The game starts with a default resolution of 640x480 or 800x600. For todays displays these are unusual low resolution and therefore obviously were scaled in a wrong way by the graphics drivers or the display.

The solution was quite easy. At the installation folder of "I'm not Alone" there is a configuration tool named "S2config.exe". Just make a doubleclick on it to run this tool. Then click on the "+" in front of the "Render" entry. Then make a doubleclick on the "VideoMode" entry and choose a fitting higher resolution from the drop down menu. The best resolution would probably the native resolution of your display. In my case that was the highest resolution which was displayed at the drop down menu. After selecting a higher resolution just click on "OK" and then on "Exit".

Now start the game again. If you still can't read all entries at the main menu try choosing a different resolution wit the "S2config.exe" tool.