You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Journeyman project 3 lipsync and virtual pc 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #1

Default Journeyman project 3 lipsync and virtual pc 2007

Hello everyone. I was in the mood to replay one of my favorite games journeyman project 3. my question is I have windows 7 and I'm running virtual pc 2007. when I go to play the game the lipsync is off. is there a way to tweak the game or virtual pc to correct this. thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #2

Does it have the speech in an audio CD track? This is often a problem with these kinds of games on modern Windows. If so you could try creating a disc image of your CD and mounting it with something like Daemon Tools. Just make sure that Virtual PC is using your virtual drive instead of your physical drive.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrh69 View Post
Hello everyone. I was in the mood to replay one of my favorite games journeyman project 3. my question is I have windows 7 and I'm running virtual pc 2007. when I go to play the game the lipsync is off. is there a way to tweak the game or virtual pc to correct this. thanks in advance.
I had this problem when I played JP3 a while back. I played the DVD version and directly under XP (don't think I had the problem with the CD version when I tested). The solution for me was to reduce sound hardware acceleration one or too nothces. Maybe that helps in your case too.