You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #1

Default Syberia Timing Problem

I only get the itch for Adventures every once in a while, which is why I just got around to deciding to take another swing at Syberia (the original, not #2). I bought the game back in 2003, got only a little ways in, then never went back.

Now I have installed it on my latest computer (P4 3.2; 1 gig RAM; Geforce 6600 card), and the game speed is too slow to play. Splash screens like the opening menu take forever to fade in and out, and it takes something like a minute for what's-her-face just to walk across a room. BUT...if I call up and interact with the inventory, that works normally, i.e., instantly.

Nothing in the Options menu makes any difference. The only options, after all, are aliasing and detail.

I considered just getting a new Adventure game, and came to this site looking for a recommendation. After reviewing the forums, I conclude that the best game I haven't already completed is....Syberia.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #2

Try updating your graphics card drivers, or if you have, try doing a driver rollback. Check your DirectX install.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #3

Default Solved...

Solved...

I forgot to re-patch when I re-installed the game. The SP3 patch (downloaded from Microid's website) fixed the issue completely. Lesson learned - don't even think of starting (or even re-starting) a game without patching-up.

Thanks for responding.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #4

I had to join for this.

I loved The Longest Journey and Syberia was highly recommended. However, the slowness of the walking was driving me crazy. I searched for a fix a few months ago but no luck. I just found this from another site and I ran the patch as administrator on Vista. I moved the file to the game folder and opened it (run as administrator) and wow what a difference.

Thank you very much for posting this!

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 09-24-2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: post moved from 3 year old thread