You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon
Default Broken Sword 2 problem

I have Broken Sword 2 and for a bit of nostalgia tried to install it on my Vista system.

Unfortunately, I get an error message. I can't remember exactly what, but I remember having problems with Broken Sword 2 on XP, while the first game installed fine.

The problem is, BS2 is the Sold Out budget version which comes with its own installer as part of the Sold Out range, this is wat seems to be causing problems.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #2

You might want to skip the installer altogether and use ScummVM instead (though that probably means having to convert all the videos, but I think it's more or less automated, so that shouldn't be too hard).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #3

I believe that version uses ScummVM already - just download the latest version and point it to wherever the installer installed BK2 (assuming the installer worked fine).
Old 08-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
TheAdventurer

Um i have the exact same SOLD-OUT version. It wroked flawlessly.
Both games. I played them less then a month ago so i know.
I played it on xp with sp2.

I didnt have to do anything.Simple install and play. What is the error your getting? Do you face a problem during or after installation?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Monkeyboy

The SoldOut release does indeed use ScummVM. The problems you are experiencing are highly likely to be a result of an outdated version of said program as mentioned earlier. Get the latest version and it should work fine. If you get no cutscene video after doing this it is because of a known problem relating to Vista and mpg support. In this case, download the DXA encoded cutscenes from ScummVM's download page and replace the mpg videos with them. Good luck.