You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Sherlock Holmes:Case of the Rose Tattoo and WinXP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #21

Just got the game off eBay. I was playing it just fine without Dosbox, using VDMSound, until the show keys/driver part where it crashes to the desktop, as many seem to be experiencing here. I want to try it in Dosbox but am having trouble (I'm not as DOS-savvy as I was when I was six lol). Which file does the game need to be run from? Should i mount the CD? A little confused.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #22

I've got it running in Abandon Loader (it freezes when i try to launch it in dosbox) but the crash is still happening every time I click on a certain inventory item and click "show." Is this simply an unfixable bug? I tried slowing down cpu speed but it made no difference. I want to continue this game but I don't think I can.

Last edited by starla9; 08-02-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #23

Default I can't install it!!!!!!

I have a Pc with Windows 98, 550 mhz, 128 mb ram, Pentium III, but when I run the file Install.exe, it doesn't work!!. Appears a message tellin' me: Your Vesa driver is not compatible or something like that... I tried to make it work through Dos-box, but I can't install it because the directory don't exist and I can't create it because its virtual.... I tried to download "Virtual Pc", but its for Windows Xp!!. What can I do?. I really want to play this Game!!!!. I need help please, or at least can tell me about another program like Dos.Box?. Thank You!!!!!.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #24

I've got same problem here, showing keys at Mycroft's home.

Could anyone PLEASE post some savegames for english version? That would save the day for many of us...
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos_0021 View Post
I tried to make it work through Dos-box, but I can't install it because the directory don't exist and I can't create it because its virtual....
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I have the game running in DOSBox.
All I did was create a new folder on my C: drive called Holmes2, and then the install program "finds" this directory and installs the game---but you can always direct the game to a different folder/installation path if you wish. On my version, though, the game installs to a default folder on the C: drive called Holmes2.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #26

I just can't install the game using dosbox. I get 'Fatal error: could not open file install.bmp' . Could some good soul post savegame just after entering Mycroft's apartment? Filename is holmes2.sav

Edit: somehow, I made it work. For the troubled ones, here's savegame just after getting permission to enter Mycroft's apartment.
http://files-upload.com/files/461457/HOLMES2.SAV

Last edited by Duby; 08-26-2007 at 03:16 PM.