You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #1

Default Tex Murphey Overseer video problem.

Hey guys,

I'm experiancing a problem with some of the video in Tex Murphey Overseer. The long cut scenes work fine but I'm having a problem with the scenes wear you select what Tex says. Alot of the time your response and the response of the person your talking to seems like its in fast forward. The words jumble togther and you cant understand what their saying. Has anyone delt with this? Is their a way to fix it?

Thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #2

What version of the game are you using (CD or DVD)? Also, are you using the patch?
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #3

We need more info. I am familiar with the problem you are having but I need to know what settings you are using and whether or not you are using the CDs or DVDs. I suspect, if memory serves, that you are using the DVD because I think that problem was common only to the DVD if you are selecting an old DVD driver for the game.

Check for UNOFFICIAL TEX MURPHY web site forum on google. They know everything there is to know about the game and its errors.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #4

I'm using the CD's when I tried to use the DVD the video wouldn't play at all. I'm not using the patch.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #5

Then install the patch http://www.quandaryland.com/Help/download/Tmos104.exe and download this video driver http://ftp.saix.net/pub/simtelnet/wi...y/mpgpl135.zip and install it. It should help.

Running Slackware Linux