You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Combining Multi-CD games onto one DVD

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #1

Default Combining Multi-CD games onto one DVD

Hi, I have recently rescued some Sierra games from my parents' basement: Phantasmagoria (7 CDs), Gabriel Knight 2 (6 CDs) and Phantasmagoria 2 (5 CDs). These famous (infamous?) full motion video games require a lot of disc swapping. Does anyone know if it would be possible to combine all of each game's data onto a DVD? Has anyone successfully done this? So when the "Insert Disc X" prompt comes up, I could just press enter and it would continue on, finding the necessary data.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

To put GK2 on a DVD, go here. I don't know about the others.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #3

For GK2, see here. It should be possible to do the exact same thing with the other games you mentioned, by editing the config files, but I'm sure how things work right now. But if you're interested, and the GK2 thing works for you, then I may try to figure out how to do it for Phant 1 & 2.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 AM   #4

Here's what i did.
First you save each of the CDs as image files to a DVD or to your hard disk.
Then you use a virtual drive program (like alcohol 120%) to make, for example to play phantasmagoria 2, 5 virtual dvd-drives, and then you mount one image file to each of them.
There's a chance it the game won't recognize all the virtual drives, but just the one you started the installation CD. In that case you do the swapping from Alcohol which is easier (for me at least).
I've tried this with gabriel knight 2 and it worked.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #5

Thanks for the responses, guys. Looks like that GK 2 installer is exactly what I need. The other two games probably don't have such easy tutorials because they weren't as popular, but I'll try the GK2 method on them if it works.

Re: Alcohol - unfortunately, hard drive space is of a concern to me, so I wouldn't want to keep all the disc images on my drive permanently.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannychico
Re: Alcohol - unfortunately, hard drive space is of a concern to me, so I wouldn't want to keep all the disc images on my drive permanently.
Copy the images in a DVD.