You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #1

Default Martin Mystere/Crime Stories

I am playing as Diana at this point. I have just arrived in the jungle and have found the machete in the Archaeologist's camp. I have had Diana proceed up the pyramid and clear the vegetation on the left side of what appears to be a tunnel entrance. And here I am stuck. I could clear no more vegetation and could not proceed, so I finally gave up in disgust and consulted a walk-thru. The walk-thru informed me I had been on the right path, after clearing the vegetation I did, I am supposed to have Diana go to the other side, where Java is standing, and use the machete on the vegetation "to the right of the stone head." However, all attempts to do this are futile, "taking" the machete and using it on any of the vegetation in the area results only in Diana shrugging her shoulders and making some comment such as "Why would I do that" or something of this kind.

Since the instructions in the walk-thru are so clear-cut and unambiguous, I'm wondering if this is a bug in the game, or is it indeed just an extra finiky, one pixel hot-spot I am looking for.

Antoinetta
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #2

Have you tried examining the stone structure that appears when you clear the vegitation on the left side. Maybe you have to look at it before Diana thinks she has a reason to start using the machete on the other side.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #3

Yes, I did. Diana commented that the left stone head was only sitting on a pedestal and not actually connected to it. This is pretty much all the reaction I could get out of her. Nothing like "I have to go check out the other side", or anything like this. And after I did all I could with the left side, I returned to the other side and still get no reaction when I try to use the machete on the vegetation here.

Thanx,

Antoinetta
Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #4

When you are on the right side are you trying to cut the vegitation that is very close to the entrance or the vegitation that is more to the right on the screen. This problem sounds kind of weird because when I played this part it was quite straight forward.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #5

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=27304844

I found a chat here where people have the same problem. Seems like the machete has to be taken before going up the temple steps the first time.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #6

Thanks for the tipoff; I'm going to check it out right now. Out of curiousity, is this just a design flaw in the game, or does it qualify as a "bug"?

Thanx again,

Antoinetta
Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #7

I don´t know which description is more suitable for this problem. Please let me know how things turn out.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #8

Hi IceAdventure, the advice on that link worked. I had to go back to a previous save and then make sure I picked up the machete straitaway. I remember that before I had blundered on up the pyramid at the outset, then later went back down and explored the campground area more thoroughly, and not finding the machete until this point. Fortunately, my last save was as Diana just before she lures the lemur off the map in the Prof's house, so it was only a couple of minutes to return to where I had gone astray.

Once again, thanx much.

Antoinetta
Old 05-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #9

Great that it all worked out.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #10

Default A new technical question

I just bought this game. It successfully installed, but when I start playing the game, it locks up. If I move Martin over and pick up the cordless phone, the cursor disappears and I can't do anything other than Ctl-Alt-Del and stop the process.

Anyone had a problem like that?