You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2003, 09:07 PM   #1
Babbling as Usual

Default Uru (stuck in Teledahn already)

Hi,

I just got URU this afternoon and am really enjoying it. My favorite part so far has to have been in Teledahn when you first walk out of the dark mushroom-area and into the outdoors. Simply awe-inspiring.

Anyways, I'm stuck on the same age.

**Slight spoilers below**

I went up the elevator into an office-like area where I clicked on a book. That took me to a seperate office-area where I found another book. I clicked on that, and now I am in some sort of stump, unable to leave. It looks like a sawed-off tree trunk, and it's pretty close to the broken bridge near the giant telescope.

How do I get out of the stump? Is it as simple as going to Relto and going back to the start of the age? If so, that seems sort of weird. Exactly *what* am I supposed to do in the stump?

**Edit** I just figured out that the page was the "end of the age" page. I guess I didn't really skim the manual well enough On the other hand, I'm still stuck in that age. I can't unjam the 3rd lever or open that grating in the starting location. Helpful hints would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

PS: Looking forward to Uru Live!!

Last edited by Bard09; 12-02-2003 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:32 AM   #2
Banned User

The third lever at the power station does not unjam, and the grate won't open until you have drained the water out from the bottom of that area. Do you have the power on yet? Are the cablecar buckets moving? If not, you need to get the power station running. If so, then there is only one place you can go.
Spoiler:
You can follow the catwalk to the base of the "cablecars," climb in one and ride it up to a higher level of the area you started in. Up here is a control panel that will drain the water and one to get that elevator operational.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:04 AM   #3
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Yeah, Teladhan is certanly the most intruiging of the Ages. There's a LOT of stuff that isn't useful there yet, which'll probably be expanded on in Live.

Last edited by Garyos; 12-02-2003 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:28 AM   #4
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Yeah, Teladhan is certanly the most intruiging of the AGes. There's a LOT of stuff that isn't useful there yet, which'll probably be expanded on in Live.
This is tangent to my original thread (which is resolved) but I am also loving the visual style of the decaying forest age. The chuch'ish room (with the vocal music) really blew me away
Old 12-02-2003, 01:33 AM   #5
Banned User

I personally found Teledahn the most "Myst-like" of the ages, but Kadish Tolesa was probably the prettiest.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:37 AM   #6
AKA Morte

I really liked the garden age (Eder something), especially its contrast to the volcanic age... Telhadhan is my favourite, though. Have you seen Shroomie yet?
Old 12-02-2003, 01:54 AM   #7
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
I really liked the garden age (Eder something), especially its contrast to the volcanic age... Telhadhan is my favourite, though. Have you seen Shroomie yet?
Not yet.. unfortunately I seem to be having issues with the pressure plates. I figure it could just be the fact I am awake at 4 in the morning.

I am very excited about the possibilities of URU live, though! I really think I might be becoming a fanboy. Oh dear

An AG neighborhood for Live sounds awesome, but I had skimmed over something a few hours ago mentioning "shards." Is Uru Live going to use the common MMOG server model or something different? I'm really too tired right now to research further.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:55 AM   #8
Banned User

I'm afraid that with the deadline I had for getting my article written and edited, I didn't have time to stand around working the feeders to get Shroomie to appear. But I've seen some (pretty lousy) screenshots of her on the URU forum.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:06 AM   #9
AKA Morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard09
An AG neighborhood for Live sounds awesome, but I had skimmed over something a few hours ago mentioning "shards." Is Uru Live going to use the common MMOG server model or something different? I'm really too tired right now to research further.
We're not allowed to create new neighbourhoods right now, but I'm on the case! I believe shards = servers, yes, but currently there's just one ("Atrus").

I only saw Shroomie once, by accident. I've never been able to get her back....