You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The Black Mirror: no cutscene sound anymore

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-30-2003, 06:40 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Firefoot Send a message via MSN to Firefoot
The Black Mirror: no cutscene sound anymore

I've been playing The Black Mirror for a while and didn't encounter any problems with the game other than 1 crash. But I installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and all accompanying shit today and now I don't have any sound anymore in the cutscenes at the end of the fifth chapter. I uninstalled VS .NET and all it's belongings and even used the recovery function of XP to go back in time (driver wise etc.)... but I still do not get it working again. Very frustrating to play it without sound in the movies since it brings a certain thrill with it...
I ran the setup of BM again and installed it again in the same path (without deinstalling however), but still no result... :eek:
Anyone any idea how to solve this? I would be very thankfull if I can continue the game with movies sound... All other sounds seem to work though, maybe not the sound in the menu's after I loaded a game, but I'm not sure it was there at all...

Emma is unbeatable, but here are My DVD's...

12-01-2003, 08:30 AM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to Firefoot Send a message via MSN to Firefoot

Well... I don't think anyone cares seeing this tread is read 5 times, probably me once... But I mailed them and their very fast and friendly, here is their reply:
Quote:
you encounter very rare problem in the Black Mirror but solution is very easy:
1. load your savegame which is without ambient sound
2. go to the Options
3. click on volume slider to drag it and click once more to drop it (You need not move with this slider.)
4. sound should be back again

Note: Problem is in the savegame. So when you do this and after you load another savegame with this error, you will not hear ambient sounds again.

Emma is unbeatable, but here are My DVD's...