You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Broken Sword 3 problem- Prague castle bug? (possible spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2003, 10:37 AM   #1
JRV

Default Broken Sword 3 problem- Prague castle bug? (possible spoilers)

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem (and has gotten past it somehow), or if anyone knows anything that could help me out.. I'll copy and paste this from http://www.adventurecompanygames.com...c=1&PHPSESSID=, as it perfectly describes what is happening:

"After dropping down from the wall (in the castle grounds) just before the section where the dog is in the cage and Nico is outside the gate the following problem began:
- Guard AI has stopped, they just totally ignore you, even if you run right in front of them
- The spotlight in the other part of the grounds has frozen and walking into the light does nothing
- George won't interact (look at, use, pick up) alot of objects, pressing the button does nothing. I can't talk to Nico or look at most objects now
few other problems:
- The first 2 guards amd their dogs you encounter when entering the castle have disappeared
- You can run back out the wooden gate freely
- The broken-down car is now invisible, but George still collides with it if he walks into where it should be
- Looking at any item on the inventory freezes the controls for varying amounts of time (depending what item you looked at), as though it's playing the sound file for the description, but there is no sound/text displayed "

I rebooted my PC when it first occurred, but that didn't have any effect whatsoever.. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Brilliant game so far tho!
Old 11-27-2003, 02:15 AM   #2

This happened to me too. I was walking around trying to look at stuff and talk to Nico but it just didn't work. Luckily I'd saved my game not too long before this happened so I just loaded that up. No idea why this happens
Old 11-27-2003, 04:16 AM   #3
JRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad321123
This happened to me too. I was walking around trying to look at stuff and talk to Nico but it just didn't work. Luckily I'd saved my game not too long before this happened so I just loaded that up. No idea why this happens
How did you manage to avoid the bug/glitch the second time around?

I am hitting myself in the head for not having multiple savegames now :lol:

Do you, by any chance, still have that savegame?
Old 11-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
JRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV
Do you, by any chance, still have that savegame?

Does anyone else have a pre-Prague 1 (Susarro 1) savegame? Any savegame will be excellent!
Old 11-28-2003, 02:53 AM   #5

Yeah I've still got it. I've got like 40 save games, I just make a new save game file every now and then just incase this kinda thing happens. I'll send you it if ya like.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:04 PM   #6
JRV

Quote:
Yeah I've still got it. I've got like 40 save games, I just make a new save game file every now and then just incase this kinda thing happens. I'll send you it if ya like.

*does backflips around the room*

That would be excellent!
Old 11-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #7

Quote:

I bought the game in french and I have exactly the same bug in Prague castle

Could you send me a pre-Prague 1 (Susarro 1) savegame? Any savegame will be excellent , Thank you .

My name is Guillaume, my email is [email protected]
Old 11-30-2003, 08:55 AM   #8

Default susarro 1 save game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem (and has gotten past it somehow), or if anyone knows anything that could help me out.. I'll copy and paste this from http://www.adventurecompanygames.com...c=1&PHPSESSID=, as it perfectly describes what is happening:

"After dropping down from the wall (in the castle grounds) just before the section where the dog is in the cage and Nico is outside the gate the following problem began:
- Guard AI has stopped, they just totally ignore you, even if you run right in front of them
- The spotlight in the other part of the grounds has frozen and walking into the light does nothing
- George won't interact (look at, use, pick up) alot of objects, pressing the button does nothing. I can't talk to Nico or look at most objects now
few other problems:
- The first 2 guards amd their dogs you encounter when entering the castle have disappeared
- You can run back out the wooden gate freely
- The broken-down car is now invisible, but George still collides with it if he walks into where it should be
- Looking at any item on the inventory freezes the controls for varying amounts of time (depending what item you looked at), as though it's playing the sound file for the description, but there is no sound/text displayed "

I rebooted my PC when it first occurred, but that didn't have any effect whatsoever.. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Brilliant game so far tho!
Send me your email, I'll send you a new savegame
Old 09-21-2005, 09:06 AM   #9

Yo, found this via Google as I have the same problem.

Long shot, but if you still have a pre-Prague game then that'd be appreciated, or even better a way to fix the problem.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

I happen to be playing this part of the game right now. I can send you a save from the beginning of the Prague castle part. (I haven't gotten too far in this segment yet.) Unfortunately I don't know how to fix the problem, though.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Welcome to the forum.

I happen to be playing this part of the game right now. I can send you a save from the beginning of the Prague castle part. (I haven't gotten too far in this segment yet.) Unfortunately I don't know how to fix the problem, though.
That'd be appreciated, mate. I think you can email me via my profile.