You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 11:32 AM   #1

Default Syberia 2 won't run

Completed Syberia 1, no game play problems on system with WinXP. Just installed Syberia 2 with no problems. Whether I start the game from the desktop shortcut, or just pop the disc in the drive, the title screen comes up with the "Play, Install, Exit" buttons. When I click on Play, a box pops up stating "Syberia2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Looking at the error signature, the following is listed: AppName: syberia2.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.10 ModName: ~df394b.tmp ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008b873

Any suggestions on what I can do to get this game to run?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
Roman5

Don't really know how to help you on this. However, no point in running the game from a shortcut without the disc in the drive. You need the disc in the drive because it always runs a disc key check when you start the game. At least, it did for me with the one DVD I had with both syberia 1 and 2 on.
Try closing down that splash screen and double click the syberia2.exe from within the install folder or try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Perhaps even try uninstalling syberia 1 to see if for any freak reason that is affecting it.
Also try cleaning the disc. When cleaning, always wipe radially, not in a circular fashion around the disc. You could also try smearing the tiniest dab of toothpaste with your finger onto the disc in case any minute holes are preventing data from being installed and then wiping off with a small dab of water. I tried it and it worked, but it's at your own risk.

Last edited by Roman5; 09-17-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. I did manage to get it working. I uninstalled it, then re-installed it. This time I did full, rather than minimum install. Who knows what the actual problem was. In any case, it plays just fine now.