You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Some good PS2 games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2003, 09:56 AM   #1

Default some good ps2 games?

anyone know some good ps2 games.. the games i have are mgs , gta3, ffx and mk5, that's all i have and my ps2 is collecting mucho dusto. havnet played anything on it in a year.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:08 AM   #2
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Vice City is good, especcially if you liked GTA 3. I'm now in love with ICO, so you should get that... Hitman 2 plays great on the PS2. Its the platform of choice if you want to play Shadow of Memories (destiny), which you should. Beyond Good and Evil is apparently quite the brilliant game, and the same goes for Prince of Persia. Should I go on? Or just wait for feisar?
Old 11-21-2003, 10:09 AM   #3
Dessert

My recommendations: GTA Vice City, (if you like football (or soccer :@)) Pro Evolution Soccer 3, Manhunt .. many more but i cant be bothered to type them right now oh and don't forget: PS2 has BS3 and Syberia
Old 11-21-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

feisar's post will undoubtedly crash the server, so I might as well suggest Jak 2, while the server's still up.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 11-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
Friendly Server Admin

I personally loved Kingdom Hearts. Disney stuff aside, it was a good non-turn-based RPG from SquareEnix.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #6
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

If you're into platformers, check out Sly Raccoon (Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus in America), Jak II (Or the original Jak & Daxter, which is out on platinum for pretty cheap) and Ratchet & Clank 2 (Or the original, again, out on platinum). If you find RTX Red Rock for cheap I suggest you take a look at that as well... it's not as bad as some reviews claimed, although it's certainly not perfect in any way.

Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil are also out, which have gotten some really great reviews. Splinter Cell is another excellent game, although I don't know how good the PS2 version is compared to the Xbox original or the PC version.

And then there's stuff like Ico, Silent Hill 2 and 3, Ape Escape 2, the Tony Hawk games (The newest one is Tony Hawk's Undeground, which has gotten very good reviews) and many more. If you care to see what IGN thinks are the best PS2 games, click: http://ps2.ign.com/choice_all.html
Old 11-21-2003, 02:46 PM   #7
AKA Morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fool
(The newest one is Tony Hawk's Undeground, which has gotten very good reviews) [/url]
Got THUG today.. Great game! Has retained everything great from the other games, but has made something completely new out of it.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #8
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Yeah, as it pertains to having long pseudo-intellectual conversations about your games on AG (which is what these forums are all about, of course), ICO would be your best bet. Plus, it's pretty much awesome.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 11-22-2003, 01:43 AM   #9

SSX3 if you like that sort of games. Jak II, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are some really good platformers. Kingdom Hearts. All the others prviously mentioned.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:51 AM   #10
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

You definitely wanna get ICO, Silent Hill 2 (I've heard that SH3 is brilliant as well) and GTA: Vice City.

Of course, you can not overlook Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (or PES3). It might just be the best console game ever.

edit: Vice City, since you've already got GTA3.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:20 AM   #11
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

-Activision Anthology (Its like having an Atari!) <--nostalgia
-Marvel Vs Capcom 2
-Maximo
-Mr Mosquetto, the only mosquito sim out there!
-ICO

Yes, I have a weird taste in games....
I pity da fo' that disses Activision Anthology!
Old 11-23-2003, 01:32 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to feisar

there are literally 100's worth getting, try looking around websites. The very best tho = these:

- ICO
- Rez
- Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
- Frequency
- Final Fantasy X
- WRC 3
- Colin McRae Rally 04
- Pro Evolution Soccer 3
- Jak & Daxter
- Timesplitters 2
- Shadow Of Memories
- GTA3
- Ratchet & Clank
- Silent Hill 2
- Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Old 11-23-2003, 01:39 AM   #13
merely human

feis, you forgot Silent Hill 3.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-23-2003, 02:24 AM   #14
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisar
- WRC 3
Really? I really, really liked WRC2: Extreme. It's probably my favourite rally game, it's awesome. But, I've heard that WRC3 is supposed to be extremely crappy, basically not doing anything right. Even WRC2-fanboys hate this game. Have you tried it?
Old 11-23-2003, 09:24 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to feisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappapisshu
Really? I really, really liked WRC2: Extreme. It's probably my favourite rally game, it's awesome. But, I've heard that WRC3 is supposed to be extremely crappy, basically not doing anything right. Even WRC2-fanboys hate this game. Have you tried it?
WRC3 was only released this friday so its not really fair to condem the game!

Track design and scenery is a lot better. No other PS2 game comes close for car models. The sticky barriers and bizarre crashes are gone. And there is more of everything.

I think its great and Ive not really seen a negative reaction at all either..

Heres some links that might make u a bit more interested:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic.php?t=16213

http://forum.granturismo.com/showthr...threadid=82574

As for not putting SH3, I think SH2 is a better game.. in terms of balance, length, learning curve and plot. Its more fun to play, more accessible to play and i prefer its graphics :/ The fairground opening of SH3 is very sloppy and offputting.. the mall is better but things dont become paticually enjoyable until much later into the game..
Old 11-23-2003, 09:56 AM   #16
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisar
As for not putting SH3, I think SH2 is a better game..
Yeah, whatever. I'll wait until I play SH3 to shove my own opinion in. [shrug] But for now I'm deep in the middle of SH2, and it's a sheer gorgeous mind trip!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-29-2003, 12:42 AM   #17
Babbling as Usual

What is the best fighting game on the PS2?

My younger brother has one, and it's been absolute ages since we've played anything cooperative/competitive together. I was thinking Soul Caliber II, but if there is a better alternative, I'd love to hear about it. Keep in mind we haven't played any fighting games since the SNES days, so redundant sequals are great for us since we're new to all of them
Old 11-29-2003, 03:26 AM   #18
AKA Morte

Virtua Fighter Evolution is a must, if you like fighting games which go beyond button-mashing. Sould Calibour 2 is also extremely good, but more mash-friendly. Tekken 4 isn't bad either, but is definetly number three. And I have no idea why I own all of those, since I'm not really into fighting games at all... Still love those, though.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:42 PM   #19
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Virtua Fighter Evolution is a must, if you like fighting games which go beyond button-mashing. Sould Calibour 2 is also extremely good, but more mash-friendly. Tekken 4 isn't bad either, but is definetly number three. And I have no idea why I own all of those, since I'm not really into fighting games at all... Still love those, though.
Heh, thanks Garyos. I appreciate it. Them fighters can get mighty confusing sometimes. I actually ended up ordering him Kingdom Hearts because I couldn't make up my mind. He's a FF addict, and I figured spending the $20 versus $50 for a newer fighter would be a better use of my Christmas present money. I'll take a look a Virtua Fighter Evolution for his upcoming birthday