You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Xenosaga Continuity question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
kamikaze hummingbirds

Default Xenosaga Continuity question

Is it REALLY important that I play Xenosaga 1 before Xenosaga 2 or what? I really want to know.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

I would say yes, but be prepared for some looooooong cutscenes, you can skip them but it's good to watch them at least once.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
SamNMax

Pretty boring game. My advise is skip them both.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #4

People can watch TV/movies for hours but they can't sit through 2 or 3 20 minutes cutscenes?!? Don't listen to them. It's not like every game on the market is as story-oriented as Xenosaga, be patient for once and enjoy the game, Xenosaga is unique and the story is worth it. There is no filler cutscenes.

You definitely need to play Xenosaga before Xenosaga II, the first is better gameplay-wise anyway.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_doubtsy
People can watch TV/movies for hours but they can't sit through 2 or 3 20 minutes cutscenes?!?
I can read a book for hours, but I can't read a ten minute text crawl in a movie, even if it goes at my natural reading pace.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:15 AM   #6
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_doubtsy
People can watch TV/movies for hours but they can't sit through 2 or 3 20 minutes cutscenes?!?
It doesn't matter about the length. The characters are meak and uninteresting and they talk at a horrible pace.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #7

As a big fan of both games, I'm going to suggest you ignore every one putting down the game. Play them and decide for yourself if they are fun or not. Besides, the lengthy cutscenes are only in the early portion of the game, and it is definitely a lot more entertaining to watch the few 30 minute cutscenes in Xenosaga than listening to stationary characters blab for 15 minutes in most modern adventure games.

You definitely should play the first game before playing the second, but there is a way around it. A DVD containing most of the cutscenes from Episode 1 was given to those who preordered Episode 2. You can probably find it on Ebay for cheap. While it does cut out several scenes, making things a little confusing at times, they were careful not to edit out anything necessary for understanding the second game. Watching the DVD would only take you five hours instead of thirty to play the game.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #8

I've been playing Xenosaga 3 recently, and I'm pretty much at the final part of the game. It's a great game, yet I haven't played the first two. Are they worth playing/getting, since I've been told Xenosaga 3 is quite a change compared to the previous two?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #9

I'm interested in playing this series, but someone in Europe forgot to release the first one and skipped directly to the second... I've heard it has a DVD explaining the first but I would have prefered to play it....

Oh well, at least Digital Devil Saga 2 is being released