You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #61
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
There's hardly any releases on this current format this year, the DS may have been successful but the games haven't been widely acclaimed and they're ALREADY trumping the GBA2. Why? WHY? They just released the DS!
I think a GBA2 unveiling is still just unconfirmed rumours. And as to why, the GBA is still selling pretty well even after the DS was out. Maybe that's a good enough reason for Nintendo to think that there might be a market for both the DS and a new Game Boy.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #62
merely human

Wouldn't they be competing with each other, though? In that case, it would be better if Nintendo focused on making the GBA2 for younger people, and the DS for an older market.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #63
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Wouldn't they be competing with each other, though? In that case, it would be better if Nintendo focused on making the GBA2 for younger people, and the DS for an older market.
The Game Boy has always been more for the younger people, while the DS, judging from marketing campaigns (as childish as they may be, they're in men's magazines) and the type of games, are for older and/or casual gamers. The DS is also getting accessories later this year, that underline the fact that it could be used as a sort of PDA.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #64
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
The reason why they have both GBA2 and DS in the market at the same time is (according to what I read) to suffocate Sony's PSP, by grabbing as much of the handheld shares as they can.

Firefox rules
Old 05-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #65
merely human

I have a feeling the PSP will eventually catch up and become a force to be reckoned with. But it depends on what games will be made, and just importantly, peripherals like movies, music, and other stuff. Sony's plan, I think, is to make the PSP into a huge little hi-fi multimedia entertainment system that fits in your pocket. From what you tell me, Nintendo wants to make the DS into a "salaryman's" portable personal assistant/mistress.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #66
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Ragnar Tornquist (TLJ) has a few of things to say about the Xbox 360, sounds interesting.

http://ragnartornquist.typepad.com/

In my humble opinion, that's pretty ugly. Not that the looks matter, I will buy it anyway.