You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #21
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
It ain't.
All you people who say it's not, where's your proof? I'd have no problem believing you if you would show us some proof instead of just saying "naw man, dat ain't it!"
Old 04-23-2005, 11:38 PM   #22
delusions of adequacy

Figure 1:
Oops, with my amateur mock up skills I ****ed up and pasted the EJECT button in the wrong direction.

Figure 1.1
Forget the fact that its twice the size of the existing Xbox, and coloured Amiga grey.. I swear its the real deal!?

Figure 2
Hey it looks real... its cropped so you cant make out any features, and that suggests its real, you know like the shakey cam they use in NYPD blue and CSI New York make it seem more... you know, real?

Figure 3
I wish Jason hadn't released our first mock up, I didn't like the size of the big green circle so I've shrunk it down... but shit me If I didn't accidentally copy some of the button at the top too. Wish I knew how to fix that in MS Paint. I also added in another circle thingy under that recessed 360 logo that jason did with his mad skillzors. We haven't decided what they do yet, or why there needs to be more than one but it looks cool now.

The real proof they're not real is THEY ARE ****ING UGLY. You might like white, you might even like the shape but damn, there is no polish to the design, the elements on the front are not clear in their purpose and that recessed title on the front... I mean did someone go back to 1979 to design the thing?

Last edited by Crunchy in milk; 04-23-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #23
gin soaked boy

Here's the video ad for the MTV special (just below the article).
Old 04-24-2005, 02:37 AM   #24
gin soaked boy

Now that I think of it, it could end up looking like one of those skyscrapers. It would be clever of them to actually put it in the commercial, with that green stuff distracting you from what you should really be looking at.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #25
Epinionated.

Personally I think it should be shaped like a giant Bill Gates head with green X's for eyes.

That'd be cool.

If a little scary.

But cool.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #26
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Personally I think it should be shaped like a giant Bill Gates head with green X's for eyes.

That'd be cool.

If a little scary.

But cool.
Hahah! Oh man, now i'll have nightmares for weeks.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:09 AM   #27
gin soaked boy

And you would feed it dollar bill shaped DVDs.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #28
Banned User

More info!! Come all ye naysayers!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:01 PM   #29
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero

That'd be cool.

If a little scary.

But cool.
Why not? It could be silver metallic, and to play a game you hit the button and his mouth opens, you put the disc in, it closes, and his X-shaped eyes glow green and smoke comes out of his nostrils and an evil whispering voice would say, "Plaaayyyy me!"

That would truly be cool.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #30
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Why not? It could be silver metallic, and to play a game you hit the button and his mouth opens, you put the disc in, it closes, and his X-shaped eyes glow green and smoke comes out of his nostrils and an evil whispering voice would say, "Plaaayyyy me!"

Come on trep! Look at the new info! It's proof that it exists!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #31
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
smoke comes out of his nostrils and an evil whispering voice would say, "Plaaayyyy me!"

i dunno...my original xbox smokes enough already
Old 04-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #32
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
More info!! Come all ye naysayers!
Ok, please are you just trying to frustrate me? How can you believe that bunch of baloney. As if the disjointed images in that article alone don't suggest cobbled together chicanery, You can't tell me you didn't look at that 64 on the super famicon cartridge and burst out laughing.

Did it entirely escape your notice that some components in the images are silver grey, others grey, others white, some shiny plastic white and others still bone-beige. Even 2 dollar cameras with no white balance used in a variety of light sources can't cover that.

Wait till the MTV revelation (assuming they even show the console, rather than just run a similar smoke screen presentation like they did at the GDC).

If you really stand by your belief that the horrid giant power button white thing you posted at the start of this thread is real, then pm me your bank account number and I will electronically transfer $20 into your account the moment it shows up for real.

If on the other hand Microsoft reveal something smaller, and with a much more polished design as I predict then I will pm you my bank account number and you agree to transfer $20 to my account...
Old 04-26-2005, 10:08 PM   #33
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
If you really stand by your belief that the horrid giant power button white thing you posted at the start of this thread is real, then pm me your bank account number and I will electronically transfer $20 into your account the moment it shows up for real.

If on the other hand Microsoft reveal something smaller, and with a much more polished design as I predict then I will pm you my bank account number and you agree to transfer $20 to my account...
How about I PM my fist to your face

Just kidding.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM   #34
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Order
How about I PM my fist to your face

Just kidding.

You smell like a fag hag's nickers after a Kylie Minogue concert

Just kidding.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #35
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Ok, please are you just trying to frustrate me? How can you believe that bunch of baloney. As if the disjointed images in that article alone don't suggest cobbled together chicanery, You can't tell me you didn't look at that 64 on the super famicon cartridge and burst out laughing.

Did it entirely escape your notice that some components in the images are silver grey, others grey, others white, some shiny plastic white and others still bone-beige. Even 2 dollar cameras with no white balance used in a variety of light sources can't cover that.

Wait till the MTV revelation (assuming they even show the console, rather than just run a similar smoke screen presentation like they did at the GDC).

Yeah, ok, here's my bank account. Oh, and just in case, here's my atm card, the pin number, my social security number, my date of birth, my address, my checking account number, a blood sample, a stool sample....anything else?

In all seriousness, i'm not saying that's it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't. What? What?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #36
delusions of adequacy

Its hideous! But is it the final design? The more 'real' photos that leak the more negative responses are popping up. Mostly about its huge size... again.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #37
Banned User

I like the way it looks! Why do people complain about the size of consoles? Are you lacking space in your entertainment stand? Do you live in a box? Seriously, how often do you need to take your xbox somewhere?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:43 PM   #38
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Are you lacking space in your entertainment stand?
Frankly, yes.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #39
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Frankly, yes.
So get a new stand
Old 05-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #40
Banned User

BTW Crunchy, you owe me money.