You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #41
Friendly Server Admin

The size doesn't bother me, but I think it's massively ugly.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #42
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
The size doesn't bother me, but I think it's massively ugly.
What's ugly about it?
Old 05-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #43
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
What's ugly about it?
I hate the weird curvy design, and I don't like the apple ripoff all white theme. Is that enough?
Old 05-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #44
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I'm not sold on the 360's look either, but I suspect in person it won't be so offensive, plus you can allegedly change the faceplate.

Also the comedic stacking options boggle the mind...

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #45
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
BTW Crunchy, you owe me money.
How do you figure? I made the offer and you went all wishy washy. Now that this photo comes out you're confident again? If so your side of the deal still holds too... come release day If it doesn't look like the image you'll have to pay me.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #46
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
How do you figure? I made the offer and you went all wishy washy. Now that this photo comes out you're confident again? If so your side of the deal still holds too... come release day If it doesn't look like the image you'll have to pay me.
It was a joke....chill.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #47
delusions of adequacy

Take a side! Is it real?

I proposed the bet to make the wait interesting. How about this... I'll wear an avatar of your choosing for a month if you're right... and vice versa should it turn out to be fake.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:56 AM   #48
Life and times of...

Oh man, at first I didn't think it was that bad, but now it's looking worse and worse... Well, at least that controller. I hope they really don't ruin it by making it that awful S version...

But I'm not sure if it's real or not (even though that probably sounded like I think it's real)... I'm hoping it's not (at least that controller) but I'm no expert in this.

I can live with everything else but controller s...
Old 05-08-2005, 02:40 AM   #49

I really wouldn't care if it was double the size of my TV. In fact, the bigger the better. I'm getting the PS3, anyway.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #50
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordic_guy
I'm getting the PS3, anyway.
good for you
Old 05-08-2005, 12:49 PM   #51
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I think it's massively ugly.
ive never seen a console that reminded me of the mona lisa...aesthetics should not play a major role in the kickassedness of a console
Old 05-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #52
merely human

Honestly they could have done a better job with how it looks (if that is the real thing), but in the end it's gonna be games on the t.v. screen I'll be looking at instead of the damn hardware under it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #53
delusions of adequacy

its got to be fake, look at the controller and 'web cam'. How shit do they look? well look at the existing xbox web camera and tell me even MS would take such a leap backwards.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:58 PM   #54
How am I not myself?

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the original xbox webcam. However, the new one looks hideous. It reminds me of something from the 80s.

There is no way that latest MTV shot is not a render. Look at it... The lighting. I mean come on. I'm not saying that isn't he final design because who knows where that render came from. All I'm saying is: That is a render.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #55
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Honestly they could have done a better job with how it looks (if that is the real thing), but in the end it's gonna be games on the t.v. screen I'll be looking at instead of the damn hardware under it.
well keepin' the dvd drive while sony is goin' with blue-ray disc or whatever for PS3, i've read that the PS3 will most likely be quite a bit more powerful than XBox 2...and i also read (in game informer) an interesting fact...the most powerful console has never won the console wars in the history of video games...i guess this is true...so XBox Next or 360 or whatever it ends up being called could conceivably be less powerful than PS3 but with the year headstart in the market could build a formidable base and win this round...im looking forward to the competition quite frankly as i try to stay out of fanboy debates...my biggest problem with the XBox in which i prefered the PS2 was in its lack of rpgs...granted the rpgs on the Box are high quality for the most part but im lookin' for quantity too...and if they ever wanna make a dent in the Japanese market more things akin to signing that ol' Final Fantasy guy to make a few Rpgs are gonna have to happen...the only system i would say is not gonna be successful is the Revolution (can i hear a 'duh'?)...Nintendo's positive steps are offset by the same toy mentality and annoying uniqueness that has plagued 'em since the N64 failure and i just wish to Johova that they would go the way of Sega, for my wallet's sake...cos nothing would kick more ass than playing Zelda and Mario on Xbox 360 or PS3...now am i right or am i right?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #56
gin soaked boy

You're completely wrong

First of all, we know nothing about Nintendo Revolution yet, it could indeed turn out to be, y'know, revolutionary. Tough chance, but we'll see.

And secondly, I love Nintendo's approach. I love their games, their phillosophy and their uniqueness. Toy console? Pfffft

And what's wrong with toys anyway?

I'd hate to see it go down, I'm still not over SEGA
Old 05-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #57
Epinionated.

As much as I love my Gamecube, Nintendo is such a messed up company right now I'll be suprised if they pull the Revolution out of the bag and make it successful. There's hardly any releases on this current format this year, the DS may have been successful but the games haven't been widely acclaimed and they're ALREADY trumping the GBA2. Why? WHY? They just released the DS!

That said, their games are great. A new Zelda is all I'm holding onto this baby for.

As for the other consoles, should I still be in work and earning enough, I'll probably end up getting a 360. If only for backwards compatability with the PS2 library I'd get a PS3 if it came out for the end of the year, but it'd have to be one or the other. I'm not completely trusting of Sony on the power-hype, as the Emotion chip promised so much on release of the PS2.

E3's gonna be worth watching.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #58
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
As much as I love my Gamecube, Nintendo is such a messed up company right now I'll be suprised if they pull the Revolution out of the bag and make it successful.

That said, their games are great. A new Zelda is all I'm holding onto this baby for.

E3's gonna be worth watching.
the Revolution will probably not be a big, stinky failure...the gamecube wasnt really...it has sold enough and continues to be the big second alternate in Japan with XBox sucking to the high heavens there...Nintendo is carving out their own niche market...they no longer compete with the heavies...i too want that new zelda and if not for it i'd probably use the cube for a doorstop...and on E3...this has to be the biggest in years...not only with the Xbox 360 but seeing oblivion in action is gonna drag me out of this half-comatose indifference i have for gaming at the moment
Old 05-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #59
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
You're completely wrong

First of all, we know nothing about Nintendo Revolution yet, it could indeed turn out to be, y'know, revolutionary. Tough chance, but we'll see.

And secondly, I love Nintendo's approach. I love their games, their phillosophy and their uniqueness. Toy console? Pfffft

And what's wrong with toys anyway?

I'd hate to see it go down, I'm still not over SEGA
point one: i would hate to see it go down too, as a euphoric, former devotee to all things nintendo...but as a money-grubbin' consumer it would probably be for my best...point two: nothing wrong with toys...see me play with my transformers on the college quad at midnight...point three: sega disappointed me so much with failed promises, i held a drunken orgy to celebrate its passing as a console producer
Old 05-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #60
Aj_
Beyond Belief

To be honest I don't care what it looks like, smaller is a bonus, being curved is probably going to be anoying but it's not like I can stack anything on my current Xbox. White isn't going to be the colour, that's pretty obvious, reports are saying skinnable. Since when do Apple have a original style? They have gone for minimalism with white sparce products, which is a lot better than what they were going with the old iMacs. To me the shape is no more ugly than the PS2 or Xbox.