You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Fable: The Official Hero Progress Report Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
merely human

Default Fable: The Official Hero Progress Report Thread

Click for large.

Hero renown name: Piemaster. I bought this name for him because it was the cheapest out of all the available ones, and I got sick and tired of people calling him Chicken Chaser. Besides, all the other available names were boring, typical RPG titles like Ranger and Malificous .

Behaviour: Piemaster is very mischievous, quirky, edgy, unpredictable, yet lovable in the end. He is rather disturbing but respected by, and even amusing to, everyone. He has a tendency to sneer at people and then laugh afterwards, and likes to flirt with both women and men. He loves going back to the village occasionally to visit the schoolkids and flirt with their male teacher. To relieve boredom in between battles and quests, he entertains himself by farting and belching in the woods, and punching the occasional traveller who happens to laugh at him or call him Chicken Chaser. He loves eating red meat, pies, and fruits, and hates Crunchy Chicks and fish, but will only eat them if there is nothing else available to replenish his health. He really hates Crunchy Chicks.

Skills status progress: Piemaster has decided to focus on melee weapons like the sword and mace, alternating with liberal uses of magic. Because of this he is gradually developing his musculature, but because he's still early in his heroism it'll be a bit before we see him really beefed up. At this moment his arms and shoulders are thickening. Using a lot of magic spells will inevitably see him aging a bit prematurely. As far as upgrading he's leaning much on strength and toughness, with a healthy dose of 'will' (magic). However he needs some help in his people skills like trading, and perhaps some thieving.

Alignment: Being ultimately good hearted, Piemaster may look menacing, but under all that he's truly sweet. However, no halos or angelic glow for him, he likes his tattoos and dark clothing. He likes saying hello to the villagers, but will steal from their houses just to have some fun (and instant cash). He has killed one or two civilians, but it was only by accident, honest!

Appearance: Piemaster has a decidedly very edgy but sexy look. He has tattoos on his face and arms, and a giant griffin inked on his chest - very pretty. To show these off he usually goes shirtless, wearing darkest pants, boots, and gloves, which often scares people. So far he sports a clean shaven face and a mohawk but will probably go back to being bald soon if no other cool hairstyle card is found. Unfortunately, because it's on Xbox I can't take screenshots of Piemaster.

Okay, whoever is playing Fable now, share your hero's progress!! I'll post further progress the deeper I get into the game. Right now I'm in at just over 6 hours. 8-)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 09-21-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:01 PM   #2
How am I not myself?

Im so sad right now. Im seeing all this Fable talk and here I am in Australia. Argghhh... the release date isnt till October over here
Old 09-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
i'm with... <thud>

i am also piemaster, cos i eat a lot of pies apparently...when i was chicken chaser, it was cos i chased chickens...this game is so funny...british humor should pervade the galaxy, methinks
Old 09-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
merely human

Or not. The world can only take so much farting as it is.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #5
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Or not. The world can only take so much farting as it is.
yes...farting/fart jokes do tend to get old...but if used correctly...
Old 09-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #6
merely human

Yes, nothing is worse than an old fart.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #7
SamNMax

Name: Peter Molyneux

Behaviour: Populous is a good game.

Skills status progress:...............

Alignment:........................................ ..................................................

Appearance:....................................... ....... Populous.

Old 09-23-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
SamNMax

Yes.

I'm kidding.

Old 09-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #9
merely human

Renown name: SamNMax

Behaviour: questionable at best.

Skills status progress: can hit the reply button all by himself.

Alignment: see 'Behaviour' above.

Appearance: brown dog in suit, white rabbit.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #10
SamNMax

Funnay!

Old 09-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #11
merely human

Just a brief progress report, FYI:

Hero renown name: It is now Sabre (previously Piemaster). Still no interesting name available.

Behaviour: Sabre still flirts with both sexes. But now that he's advanced practically every woman in Oakvale has fallen in love with him. However, he's been courting an attractive blonde fellow in Barrows Field and is on the verge of marrying him. He is still a virgin. He had just purchased his childhood home in Oakvale and sleeps there in between quests. He's still quite mischievous, poking in people's homes in search of things to steal. Unfortunately he hasn't had much time to visit the schookids in Bowerstone South, now that he's very busy with all these quests.

When not kicking Balverine ass, Sabre likes the meditative sport of fishing.

Skills status progress: Still focused on Strength - physique over level 3 (yay!), health bar as high as I can afford, toughness alongside. With Skill, Sabre is now more agile and quicker with his Greataxe. His magic bar is much higher now, with emphasis on Lightning, Fireball, and Enflame. Strong melee combat skills augmented with Attack Spells is his specialty.

Alignment: Saber's developed a faint halo, not quite sure how I feel about that. He's ultimately good hearted, but will still punch any traveller who laughs at him or makes awkward remarks.

Appearance: I'm afraid I've fallen in love with Sabre. He has that perfect musculature just now, not too beefy and nice shoulders. Those battle scars on his face are fooking sexy! His hair (now that he's got it) is going blonde, which I'm ambivalent about, surprised me because I thought he'd stay a brunette. He prefers the darker clothes. He now sports a menacing face tattoo (forgot what it's called) which goes nicely with that tattoo on his chest that, according to the info, is supposed to drive enemies insane when they see it.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #12
Movie Buff & Gamer

Send a message via AIM to Sanjuro2

Hero renown name: Paladin (if you don't know how to get this title, and you want it, just ask me)

Behaviour: Bored and angry. My adventure was far too short and ridiculously easy so now there is nothing to do.

Skills status progress: All Maxed.

Alignment: Fully evil, and fully good. There is no reason to work at trying to stay on one path. It's easy to go back and forth between the extremes of the two, and it's the only way you can get the 4th Level of certain spells.

Appearance: A 65 year old ugly ass mo fo. Strangely enough, no one else in the world ages except me. I was 19 when that farmer and his wife at Orchard Farm were in their 40s...now I'm 65, and they are still in their 40s.
Töre: You see it, God, you see it. The innocent child's death and my revenge. You allowed it. I don't understand you. Yet now I beg your forgiveness. I know no other way to be reconciled with my own hands. I know no other way to live.

-Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring (1960)
Old 09-29-2004, 12:19 PM   #13
merely human

You cheated, didn't you? Serves you right for being bored.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #14
Movie Buff & Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You cheated, didn't you? Serves you right for being bored.
Cheated?! No way, not at all! I refuse to cheat in games. I don't even own any cheating devices. Don't you have to own something to cheat that hooks onto your system? Why would you accuse me of that? The game took me 15 hours to beat, I did ALL the quests I found, whenever I was good and wanted to be evil I just slaughtered everyone I could find, whenever I was bad and wanted to be good I just donated money to the Church of Avo and killed "evil" enemies. Also, to max everything out you just have to get your combat modifier really high, and fight for about an hour on the Old Graveyard Path where you can raise the modifier to about 56 or so if you have the Physical Shield spell (zombies continually spawn). There is no cheating necessary to realize that Fable is incredibly easy and short. I have no idea what they spent 4 years doing at Big Blue Box.
Töre: You see it, God, you see it. The innocent child's death and my revenge. You allowed it. I don't understand you. Yet now I beg your forgiveness. I know no other way to be reconciled with my own hands. I know no other way to live.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #15
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

A game being short does not mean it should have taken a short time to develop. By the same logic, a game taking a long time to develop must not necessarily be long. There are about a hojillion other factors going into making a game besides how long it is from the player's perspective.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro2
Also, to max everything out you just have to get your combat modifier really high, and fight for about an hour on the Old Graveyard Path where you can raise the modifier to about 56 or so if you have the Physical Shield spell (zombies continually spawn).
How did you do this? A few days ago I figured that would be a good place to level, but there are never any sombies there. Does this only work if you haven't completed the game yet? I beat it about a week ago and I can't find any awesome places to level.

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-29-2004, 09:27 PM   #17
Movie Buff & Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
How did you do this? A few days ago I figured that would be a good place to level, but there are never any sombies there. Does this only work if you haven't completed the game yet? I beat it about a week ago and I can't find any awesome places to level.
Actually, yes I forgot to mention... The zombies only continually spawn there when you are on the first quest that takes you through the Old Graveyard Path. Once you complete that quest, they no longer spawn there. And indeed I think that's the fastest place to level.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:06 AM   #18

Ah, well... Yeah, when I first did that quest I spent a while, but eventually I just went and got it over with, assuming I could come back later. I've pretty much just been going back to the bandit camp and killing all the bandits again and again. If anyone has any other good locations, let me know...

Old 10-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #19
merely human

Latest news from the front:

Hero renown name: Liberator. Cripeys, these 'pre-fab' names are boring.

General world progress: Over 45 hours in (that long 'cause I love to run around the gameworld and kill stuff and get stuff); Liberator 'played around' with the white balverine; survived and championed the Arena but spared Whisper her life; rescued pivotal character from the Prison; footraced in nothing but skivvies (heh); kicked rival hero's ass and ended up marrying the Mayor of Bowerstone, but still trying to figure out how to murder her, Liberator thinks she's evil and doesn't like her; finally married that schoolteacher in Bowerstone South...he's such an incredibly sweet and humble spouse, Liberator's tenderly in love with him (always lavishes him with gifts after coming back from quests and exploring, then having a few wonderful 'lying downs' ).

Behaviour: No more farting and very little sneering now. He still finds time to visit the schookids in Bowerstone. He deeply loves his husband, the former schoolteacher. Stops and says hi to everyone. Will get drunk and throw up occassionally, especially after completing the big quests.

Class: Legendary Spellwarrior.

Skills status progress: Liberator has maxed out his strength, etc., as well as Assassin Rush and Slow Time. These combined, he is nearly invincible, speed fused with sheer physical force. His main weapon now is the Katana Hiryo (found in Lady Grey's bedroom), with the brilliant Harbinger sword (pulled from the rock at the temple of Alvo by maxing out strength skills) a close second.

Alignment: Good. Liberator's halo is pronounced and he's followed by 3 ghostly yet annoying butterflies. He's a protector of travellers and stays true to his hubby (though he's inevitably also married to Lady Grey, hopefully soon to become her widower).

Appearance: At 62 years old, he looks weathered (battle scars and faint traces of tattoos long since removed) but supremely formidable and still youthful, what all younger inexperienced men dream of achieving. The Samruno Tattoo on his face and head, and the Vambrace Tattoo on his arms indicate an advanced stage of championship. He has the Buzz cut and is clean shaven. At the moment he's in the bright spellcaster's suit (found beyond the demon door at Rose Cottage), but will don the plate torso (a gift from schoolteacher hubby) and chainmail pants for very heavy battles. Overall he looks very powerful and invincible, but those baby blue eyes belie the sweetest heart.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:50 AM   #20
Doctor Watson

Awwwww.