You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General LucasArts screws us again.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 01:20 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Sirus
Default LucasArts screws us again.

*sigh*
Old 09-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirus
me and my xbox hate to smile at your expense but we really must get our lightsabers ready...its not THAT long of a wait
Old 09-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
...its not THAT long of a wait
It is if other people are already playing the game.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #4
merely human

I'm not at all surprised. Whoring the market for the console version is far, far more lucrative than the PC version around the holidays.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
The Dude

Send a message via AIM to mrdunn

How is that being screwed? If it takes them a little longer to get PC version out, who cares? At least it'll only be 3 months instead of the year that it took the first one. Or, if it means so much, just get an Xbox, as there are some other sweet games out for it also.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #6
merely human

Yes, like Fable, Psychonauts.....
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

KOTOR the first was XBox exclusive at first too... this isn't unexpected is it? :eek:

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 09-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #8

LA said that there would be a simultaneous release.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:38 PM   #9
merely human

LA have said a lot of things. [shrugs]
Old 09-10-2004, 01:49 PM   #10
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
KOTOR the first was XBox exclusive at first too... this isn't unexpected is it? :eek:
i'm surprised only because i had heard it would probably not make it out until spring...it is rare that a game's release date is pushed up
Old 09-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Yes, like Fable, Psychonauts.....
Well, Psychonauts isn't actually released yet, and will be released on both Xbox and PC. Fable will most likely be released for the PC, though it'll probably take a while. But right now it doesn't look like a game worth buying a console over.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:54 PM   #12

How many bugs will the game have?

The only game that makes getting a x-box worth is... is... i cant remember... none?
Old 09-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #13

Ninja Gaiden?
Galleon?
Project Gotham Racing?
Rallisport Challenge?
Sudeki?
Halo?

*sigh*... I guess you're right... still no exclusive killer there. I don't even like half of these games. But if you only have an xbox, there's a lot of killer games out there, if you're willing to look at some of the multi-platform titles too. Like Burnout 3, which is one of the best racing games I've ever played. Maybe Splinter Cell, unless you have a powerful pc that runs the game better. Pro Evolution Soccer 4 will be released for Xbox too now, so there's no reason not to own Live! either.

I don't though. I have my box modded, but the way the prices are going, I may be getting Xbox Live! and another box just for the online play.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:12 PM   #14
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Well, that's very objective. Ninja Gaiden and Halo (+Halo 2 this November) were pretty big incentives to me.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-10-2004, 09:34 PM   #15
iddqd

....it's still Star Wars, but with prettier graphics and better sounding bells and whistles. Am I the only person who is bored to death with Star Wars related video games.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #16
Junior Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingBLAOW
....it's still Star Wars, but with prettier graphics and better sounding bells and whistles. Am I the only person who is bored to death with Star Wars related video games.
No we all are.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:47 AM   #17

Yes. We all are, EXCEPT for KOTOR of course. Even though I fear the sequel may be preying on the success of the first game, I will still give it a chance and buy it right away only because it's the sequel to the best video game of 2003.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:56 AM   #18
A Servicable Villain

I think Trep will agree alongside me that there's yet another Starwars series of games that are well worth rooting for
Old 09-11-2004, 08:11 AM   #19
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Yes. We all are, EXCEPT for KOTOR of course. Even though I fear the sequel may be preying on the success of the first game, I will still give it a chance and buy it right away only because it's the sequel to the best video game of 2003.
no doubt...my biggest concern is not really that obsidian is developing it instead of the regular bioware crew...my concern is that using pretty much the same graphics engine, though tweaked a little i suspect, using some of the same characters, using some of the same areas may seem repetitive...it may not make the game seem as revolutionary and new as the first...but its a small price to pay for getting new characters, new areas, new storylines, and even a more finely tuned interface...plus if anyone here loved KOTOR and has any interest in Chinese mythology or any brand of martial arts, Jade Empire (the game Bioware has claimed they've wanted to make since their inception) is an Xbox-exclusive coming out this winter...wink wink...im not too sure about it coming out for PC given its being built from the ground up as a console game, heavy on action (ala Ninja Gaiden)
Old 09-11-2004, 08:24 AM   #20
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
I think Trep will agree alongside me that there's yet another Starwars series of games that are well worth rooting for
Ultimately the fact that it's Star Wars isn't what sold me. I loved Jedi Knight II for what it is - fun, good looking, and worth playing, and I'm getting Jedi Academy for what it is as well. They're good games, that's all.