You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General XIII multiplayer demo now available

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 12:18 PM   #1
merely human

Default XIII multiplayer demo now available

Quote:
....the promised XIII demo is now available for download from IGN. The demo is a 158 MB download, offering two levels from the cel-shaded shooter that can be played in straight deathmatch or team DM. A mirrors is available on Filerush.
Blue's News

EDIT: Yes, it has bot support.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-02-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Are there public servers, or is it bot-only?

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 10-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
merely human

Just played. The A.I. seems actually quite good! The bots duck and hide, especially when low on health. So far I set them to medium difficulty and I got creamed quite a few times (need to play on harder settings to compare). All the singleplayer goodies are still there, i.e. the cartoon words when opponents die. The two maps are spacious, with intervals of narrow stairwells and smaller rooms. The second map has a a wintery outdoor yard. Crates everywhere. If you've already played the singleplayer demo you'll know how the weapons feel. Multiplayer has the bazooka, pretty powerful, very slow reload, and get this - its weight forces you to run slower. Sniper rifle has major recoil but nice to use. Grenades need to be mastered. As far I can tell no grappling hook used in these 2 maps.

No online servers yet. Damn. Also, UbiSoft posted a press release shortly after the demo release specifying a considerable bug in m/p hosting, but not in bot matches, which they are working on now.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-02-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

I assume not ALL the single-player elements are there; the game doesn't pause slightly when you headshot people, does it? That would be kind of crazy.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 10-03-2003, 01:09 AM   #5
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
its weight forces you to run slower
Halo did that.

(Any way, thanks for the info. )

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 10-03-2003, 08:01 AM   #6
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Seems like fun - sadly I've got the same problem as with the SP demo, in that I need to reboot every time I want to play. Grrr.

I hope the server browser is less lame in the full game, though.