View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Just played. The A.I. seems actually quite good! The bots duck and hide, especially when low on health. So far I set them to medium difficulty and I got creamed quite a few times (need to play on harder settings to compare). All the singleplayer goodies are still there, i.e. the cartoon words when opponents die. The two maps are spacious, with intervals of narrow stairwells and smaller rooms. The second map has a a wintery outdoor yard. Crates everywhere. If you've already played the singleplayer demo you'll know how the weapons feel. Multiplayer has the bazooka, pretty powerful, very slow reload, and get this - its weight forces you to run slower. Sniper rifle has major recoil but nice to use. Grenades need to be mastered. As far I can tell no grappling hook used in these 2 maps.

No online servers yet. Damn. Also, UbiSoft posted a press release shortly after the demo release specifying a considerable bug in m/p hosting, but not in bot matches, which they are working on now.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien