You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Anybody else still playing NWN?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 AM   #181
capsized.

Be afraid... be very afraid!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #182
delusions of adequacy

Since you revived this thread... did the remaining NWN fans know that another cancelled premium mod has been released. This one by a design team that includes one of the guys who worked on Baldur's Gate.

I've not played it yet but I have downloaded it. All 200 megs of it. I read it has strongholds and class specific quests like in BG2.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #183
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Since you revived this thread... did the remaining NWN fans know that another cancelled premium mod has been released. This one by a design team that includes one of the guys who worked on Baldur's Gate.

I've not played it yet but I have downloaded it. All 200 megs of it. I read it has strongholds and class specific quests like in BG2.

You mean "Darkness over Daggerford"? I'm playing it right now. And I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Not only can you have strongholds and class specific quests, but they also included some other very Baldur's Gate-ish features. For example, in taverns you can buy drinks, and get rumours in return (some of which lead to new journal entries). Also, it looks like you *have* to rest now and then. If you don't, you get the common penalties, just like in the BG games (don't worry, you don't have the interface visible all the time, in order to see if the penalty icons have appeared because you are tired. Your character and henchmen will start yawning when they're tired.)

It looks as though I will have to restart soon though, because I hear there's still two broken quests in it right now, which are in the process of being fixed.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:50 AM   #184
capsized.

Hey, you. As I'm currently well on my way to finishing Icewind Dale 2, finally, I once again realized what a fascinating race the Drow actually are... BG2's Underdark section kicked major butt, and this one wasn't all that bad either.
Spoiler:
Yuck, Driders, yuck,yuck...aiieeeeeeeee, RUN LIKE HELL!
How compelling an add-on IS "Hordes of the Underdark", actually? The campaign portion of it, mind you. As you might know by now, I think that the single player campaign that shipped with the original game is hugely, er, undercooked. To put it that way.

Yet, both expansions are available in a bundle for only ten bucks, so you can hardly go wrong with that. And I'm missing out on a lot of stuff because I never bought them, plus there seems to be a quite a lot of stuff still being in the works, despite the sequel being out already, so yeah, gimme my drows, LOLth. Anybody familiar with the mating rituals of the Yan-Ti? Also: Chris Avellone, I love thee.

Last edited by samIamsad; 11-11-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #185
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Hey, you. As I'm currently well on my way to finishing Icewind Dale 2, finally, I once again realized what a fascinating race the Drow actually are... BG2's Underdark section kicked major butt, and this one wasn't all that bad either.
Spoiler:
Yuck, Driders, yuck,yuck...aiieeeeeeeee, RUN LIKE HELL!
How compelling an add-on IS "Hordes of the Underdark", actually? The campaign portion of it, mind you. As you might know by now, I think that the single player campaign that shipped with the original game is hugely, er, undercooked. To put it that way.

Yet, both expansions are available in a bundle for only ten bucks, so you can hardly go wrong with that. And I'm missing out on a lot of stuff because I never bought them, plus there seems to be a quite a lot of stuff still being in the works, despite the sequel being out already, so yeah, gimme my drows, LOLth. Anybody familiar with the mating rituals of the Yan-Ti? Also: Chris Avellone, I love thee.
I hope this isn't too late, but I have to say, the HOTU expansion is worth it. It's much better than the OC, and even has romances and a BG 2 ToB like ending for every character (not just henchmen and you). It's a very engaging plot.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #186
capsized.

Does anybody know a good single player module that's not of the cookie cutter save the world kind? Preferably something with choices and consequences and dark in tone AND runs without the expansions on top of that? I'm up to set up the game again, alternatively I'd be up to some multiplayering, preferably something more straight forward, like a nice dungeon crawl or something. I found that the rather text-laden stuff we played last year didn't flow that fluidly with multiple players.. that is, amongst US it sure did! Or maybe I'm not as pacient as I used to be. Heh. Naaaaah.

Oh Gawd, speaking about cookie cutters, I just realised: Jeremy Soule again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! Blessed be ye volume settings.

Last edited by samIamsad; 06-29-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #187
Kindred

I miss this game so much! *cries* It's my favourite game ever! I have both expansions and I've played tons of modules to it too + have lots of custom content and have made probably close to 100 custom portraits for the game, lol. Alas, I can't play it on my new comp, it freezes or crashes to desktop after a couple of minutes I wish I knew how to fix it