View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #183
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Since you revived this thread... did the remaining NWN fans know that another cancelled premium mod has been released. This one by a design team that includes one of the guys who worked on Baldur's Gate.

I've not played it yet but I have downloaded it. All 200 megs of it. I read it has strongholds and class specific quests like in BG2.

You mean "Darkness over Daggerford"? I'm playing it right now. And I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Not only can you have strongholds and class specific quests, but they also included some other very Baldur's Gate-ish features. For example, in taverns you can buy drinks, and get rumours in return (some of which lead to new journal entries). Also, it looks like you *have* to rest now and then. If you don't, you get the common penalties, just like in the BG games (don't worry, you don't have the interface visible all the time, in order to see if the penalty icons have appeared because you are tired. Your character and henchmen will start yawning when they're tired.)

It looks as though I will have to restart soon though, because I hear there's still two broken quests in it right now, which are in the process of being fixed.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!