You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Street Fighter fans rejoice!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII
Default Street Fighter fans rejoice!

It's not too long until Street Fighter 4 is released. Release date US: Feb 17 EU: Feb 20

I already got the ps3 collector edition pre ordered alongside with the official madcatz fighting stick for the game. It is not that often I anticipated for console software releases as I have gotten more fed up with the quality of games by the years. However I am not the most hardcore street fighter fan. It started with Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the snes when I was 6 then I have occassionally played some of the Alpha Series. Never tried Third Strike (didn't even know it existed in the past) ,but at least with the 4th game I wont miss out on.

So are there any fellow street fighter fans here?
Would be cool if we could manage to arrange tournaments among adventure game fans! when the time comes.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #2

How come evryone missed sf3 and getting excited over sf4.
Majority said that and sf4 do feel and play like alpha.
(I had played it in expo), eager to check new characters out like cammy and dan.

Yesterday i played Tatsunokovscacpcom and it got old pretty quickly i hope sf4 maintains its charm atleast for week.

Fighters are hard to make nowadays , since it requires refreshiing feel as well as something to get you hooked other than retro memories, nostalgia and hype.

Maybe its the lack of february releases for 360 that people are hyping it or graphics.

Anyways i have ps3 too so when the game will come i will PM you, i hope playing a different region game wont be issue online.

Update: Reviews are in and getting 9+, claiming best fighter this gen.

Last edited by nomadsoul; 01-14-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
How come evryone missed sf3 and getting excited over sf4.
Majority said that and sf4 do feel and play like alpha.
(I had played it in expo), eager to check new characters out like cammy and dan.

Yesterday i played Tatsunokovscacpcom and it got old pretty quickly i hope sf4 maintains its charm atleast for week.

Fighters are hard to make nowadays , since it requires refreshiing feel as well as something to get you hooked other than retro memories, nostalgia and hype.

Maybe its the lack of february releases for 360 that people are hyping it or graphics.

Anyways i have ps3 too so when the game will come i will PM you, i hope playing a different region game wont be issue online.

Update: Reviews are in and getting 9+, claiming best fighter this gen.
Pretty lucky that you have got your hands on Tatsunoko vs Capcom!. I loved especially the Marvel VS Capcom series (vs SNK 2 was cool and all).
I don't really own that many fighters but the good thing about them is that they have a pick up and play mechanic at anytime for short bursts. Challenge mode will increase a lot the replay value also as online is getting more accessable.

Personally when they first started handed out previews I read that Street Fighter 4 played more like the second game. I actually didn't like the Alpha series (I am hoping a less alpha feel!) that much so that I got pretty excited to hear about Third Strike existence and found out that it has been out for a while . So I hope the 4th game will try to remain faithfull while adding the "Improvements" of later games. It seems they have it that way as they both have EX moves (dont have a clue about those exacly) and Super Specials. Some simplicity doesn't hurt either.

So who of the new roosters are you thinking of using? (maybe too soon to predict).To me I think Abel has some appeal alongside with Rufus the crazy overweight speedy guy!
Otherwise I must admit I fall into the shameful Ryu/Ken circle of use. Probably due to how I never got any fights flowing with the other characters.

Yeah that would be cool with a pm when the game comes out.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #4

Using ryu and chunli in TvC made me realized how boring they have become , obviously having played so many titles, my best ryu still is sf2 then 3 and then snkvscapcom2 but not sf4 that much.

Loving dan,feilong and cammy in new videos, from new ones C.viper is getting most attention, she feels mix between vaneesa and king(snk feel to it).
Elfuerte is worst addition, hate his design.
Rufus works well as joke character and ryu/ken mentor is something i want to try immediately.

One thing bothering me is blanka , he might be overlooked unlike his sf2 and capvssnk2 versions, he is covering more area and little slow this time and his deathblow takes time to initiate warning the opponent, the DM time is much slower.

Actually blanka was my main character to beat others.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #5

I forgot about C Viper I like her SNK feel for sure! I noticed that with the European PS3 CE you get C Viper instead of the OST (which I do prefer as its hard for me to truly appreciate the music of the game as more than background music).

Yeah El Fuerte seems like a cheap design choice.

I have not read all of the supers as there already exist guides and tips for characters , but somehow people make it sound pretty bad often (Except for Ryus in terms of speed and strength). I suppose they all have their strengths and weakneses. Like on how Guiles super is useless when you are after damaging and how you are better off with his summersault (anti air functions) and high damage rate. At least I am hoping it to be fair balanced.

I guess I won't have a chance against you since you seem so knowledgable and experienced! .
It's interesting to hear about the changes with Blanka since I probably wouldn't notice that much.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
Would be cool if we could manage to arrange tournaments among adventure game fans! when the time comes.
Are you that eager to lose?

It's nice to see Sagat and friends again and all but come on! not even one char from 3rd Strike?
Where's my little Duddley, ma sweet Elena and that pimp Urien?

And.. no parry system?
There's nothing more satisfying in sf3 then randomly parrying some moves while making fun of the other player.

StreetFighter IV is not looking good imo, especially now that you guys are saying that its kinda like Alpha.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #7

Well there is new system (focus attacks) in place against parry, the game feels
like something between EX and alpha(what i played at expo but it wasnt final build, its much tweaked now), artdesign much like alpha since faces and limbs are exaggerated alot also the beefy ratios of characters, it first pissed me but it works somehow, you dont get bored that easily.

I think this review explains everything in detail

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/psm3-giv...13142756340005

I would love to have sf3 characters as well , loved elena but there is some problem related to timeline and the recent additions are voted by fans like cammy and feilong, deejay almost made it but they put dan instead since fans were going crazy.

I believe you will be seeing more SF after this epecially if it will hit 1million which i guess it will.

The next SF based on same engine will include more characters and more stuff like turbos,alpha 1 2 3, ex 1 2 3, 3rd strike , 8th strike and so on.

But i am more interested in darkstalkers on this engine since it will look fab with exaggerated animations and style.

I dont like online part due to anonymity of opponent, if you dont know your opponent , what gender, how he looks, what age if its she or he then its practically works like CPU opponent.
Thats why even i win or lose online i dont feel anything just like CPU, but if you have some friend or atleast some guy/friend from forum, then its ok.

Relatives, friends in your locality works best.

Besides all that there is balancing issues popping up, akuma and ryu mentor is beefed up in skills, and there is tier list, which actually renders sf2 charm useless, since in sf2 every character was balanced.

Last edited by nomadsoul; 01-15-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #8

Haha yeah there will be probably by a thousands of new versions of Street Fighter 4.

Quote:
I dont like online part due to anonymity of opponent, if you dont know your opponent , what gender, how he looks, what age if its she or he then its practically works like CPU opponent.
Thats why even i win or lose online i dont feel anything just like CPU, but if you have some friend or atleast some guy/friend from forum, then its ok.

Relatives, friends in your locality works best.
I agree totally with that!

Concerning the top tiers stuff, even if there exist some character balance issues its more easy today to fix it more and send some patch whatever to consumers than they could do so in the past.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #9

I thought I'd share some decent footage that shows some of the games Alpha Characters, training/challenge modes, and random stuff being played by so called professional players. It is pretty informative.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23393

Here for an understandable "guide" for the special pad/sticks available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfcVaOETfE
Old 01-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
handsome

well here's a new trailer showing a bit of the story and all english voices.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44551.html

it's hard not to laugh.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
well here's a new trailer showing a bit of the story and all english voices.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44551.html

it's hard not to laugh.
Capcom the king of terrible voice acting? naah its still better than Virtua Fighter..
I find it a bit embarrasing but thats the purpose.. *vega* maybe I am a ghost..
Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #12

chunli voice is topnotch hahahaha.

Hope they will include japanese VAs with english subs.
The anime feels second rate.

However alternate costumes of chunli and cammy are HOT.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII View Post
naah its still better than Virtua Fighter..
Definitely. Jacky's yeah!!! still haunts my dreams.

I hate Jacky...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #14

I loved Third Strike but I'll be calling SF4 a miss. From the videos I've seen, all Capcom have done is made everything 3D. The fighting system doesn't seem any different, new characters look lame, and the games graphics don't catch my eye, and I'm guessing there's still a scarcity of moves for each character.

I'd rather play another game of Dead or Alive or, indeed, Alpha or Third Strike.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:48 AM   #15

Finished both killzone2 and sf4 well lets talk about sf4

Music is great loved the tunes only menu song is bad, the XMB menu music is tight too, game is tight in presentation.

The VS battles with friends yesterday night were blast, except elfuerte all new characters are great , abel was super awesome his grapples and all throws alex out of building, he has taste of grodaimon and alex both. His evading roll spin is too much of advantage for good players, it helps alot like snk vs capcom 2 roll.

The game is not balanced and would still say its not SF2 type, the overpowered characters like zangief destroys competition, even handicap was equal or even in arcade mode he takes too much energy and on him hits take less damage he is like mountain, his handspinning move is too invincible no matter what move you do he gets the hit on you, that wasnt the case in sf2(only fireball passed) or any other SF and moreover he stretches too much arms to cover enough distance. His normalattakc take much more damage than some other fighters supermove.

crimson is hard to master and play, rufus is total fun and oozes with animation.
Loved the stages and colors in HD, this game is meant for HD.

I liked ken much more than ryu, he is fast and his shoryuken has much advantage. Also ryu is slow and delayed for my taste.

seth was abnormally hard on normal in 2nd round.

Game is total fun and blast to play, there are problems with balance which is acceptable since its not 2d game, hits could be missed, but game is damn fun, only gripe is tier list overpowered characters which were not that powerful in past SF games, some are weaker some are too stronger. Which is to say that even noobs can take you out if the button mash with zangief.

I also didnt like that abel supermove though grapple can be blocked , wtf?
And how when vega does roll move there is some milisecond animation before that warning the opponenet, that destroys the gameplay for vega players form sf2 i.e me.

But dont let anything fool you this is best fighter even better than tekken5 dr or DoA4, true sequel to sf3 infact the new characters are so good i wish they had more new characters.

rufus,cammy, sakura, ken, rose feilong and abel are my favs still have to unlock akuma and gouken,

Installing makes the game like arcade so much preferred, all in all better than expected

The worst thing about game is DLC costumes thats bad they should have included chunli nude legs costume thats another cheat trick to coax into DLC , cut the game for DLC , the costume was available in arcade but not in this game by default.But cammy's ass saves the day.

Endings and opening sometimes end up abdruptly like they are running out of budget.

9/10.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
Psychonaut

Quote:
Finished both killzone2 and sf4 well lets talk about sf4
Strange seeing as neither game has been released yet.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #17

Do your homework , go to playasia to enlighten about asian release of SF4 and glad that UAE leaked killzone 2 (pal) copies which are still available in abundance in singapore too(imported from dubai), and at regular price , so funny since ebay was selling it for 100$ few days back.

Best graphics yet to grace gaming industry last stages are just mindblowing.

I have already spoiled story and endings bits on gamefaqs if you want to know.

edit: its even out in india, lol

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=48137110

Last edited by nomadsoul; 02-14-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Saw the video review on Gamespot. looks first rate. There is no tournament mode though.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:09 AM   #19

Sounds like a good review, I have yet to aquire the game.
I ended up cutting the pre order of the fightstick since MadCatz once again got a terrible product out. So I won't be up for fighting until Play-Asia gets back the Real Arcade Hori sticks ...

Concerning tier list, I will be afraid of Sagat players due to the massive exploiting potensial and high damage rate he inflicts