You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 05:14 AM   #21
handsome

Someone doesnt like the game? Blasphemy! cause, you know, its from Japan man!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #22

Its about bad understanding of product and culture than anything else. If you are familiar with animes, manga and japanese culture/movies, you would like/understand it more.

I will first check the product , where its coming form what is trying to achieve, than purchasing it on whim and criticizing it for not satisfying me.

I hate mario as character, i will not buy mario starring games, i never say mario games are bad, i just wont buy them at the first place, not my type.

In a world where redunderwear superheroes like (superman,as generic as it could get), have got fans(like you still in this century), and people coming from dead as cyborgs(mgs series, having worldwide fans), i don't feel any problem with yakuza plot or direction. Its not blasphemy its just bad software awareness.

Yakuza3 sold ps3s outdoing wii, thats enough for sony itself, japan likes it and i like it being nonjapanese. I smile/laugh and get excited at everything what it does probably because i know what it is referring to.

And its meant to be commercial entertainer with lots of comic relief, crudehumor and over the top action, somethings aren't meant to be taken seriously.
What i found very funny is that thing you mentioned as problem(taking bullets and talking) is complete bada**ery for me and others who get it. Thats the way of dragon, man , ryu ga gotoku!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #23
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
In a world where redunderwear superheroes like (superman,as generic as it could get), have got fans(like you still in this century)
I love how you keep saying that just cuz ya saw the movies, I mean reading is so laaast century
But i guess you're right, Kazuma is just better...oh i love you yakuzaguy with a troubled past and a heart of gold, you're soooo not generic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
And its meant to be commercial entertainer with lots of comic relief, crudehumor and over the top action, somethings aren't meant to be taken seriously
yup.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
I love how you keep saying that just cuz ya saw the movies, I mean reading is so laaast century
But i guess you're right, Kazuma is just better...oh i love you yakuzaguy with a troubled past and a heart of gold, you're soooo not generic .

yup.
Thanks but no thanks
I would prefer dragon tattoo on back than redunderwear anytime.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #25
handsome

Thats ... just ... retarded

Well, i give up.
Next time instead of enjoying a game by actually playing it, i'll just study about their culture and watch some cartoons and stuff so I can "get it". Oh, in the meantime i'll start to choose my favorite characters just by the way they look.

Thanks for your time, talking to you was quite an experience.