You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Nintendo continues to disappoint

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterfyrings View Post
Btw, i read at kotaku today that there might be a big announcement from the big N this friday (it was confirmed by an employee in the official uk nintendo magazine). Lets hope its finally zelda made from ground for the wii!
I'd blow a nerd gasket if they made a new Zelda game using the TP engine ala Majora's Mask (with OOT engine).

But right now, I don't have anything to look forward to on the Wii, and nothing spectacular has come out for it since Galaxy and MP3. That's been a hella long time. I'm playing my PS3 like crazy right now and RE5 and SF4 both come out in the next couple months. Wii isn't making money on traditional games, so they continue to make party games, which in some cases is awesome (WarioWare and Boom Blox), but I like the regular Nintendo games. This is mostly developers fault for not making use of the controls for shooters and platformers and stuff, I guess they don't feel it's worth it to make a Wii-exclusive with worse graphical capabilites. But I'll take a wii-mote aiming shooter over another great-looking space marine vs. alien/monster/etc. FPS any day these days.

In Resident Evil 5 demo, aiming is hard for me because RE4Wii made it so easy. Why hasn't that control system been followed up on in newer games?

I love the Wii, but I really want a new game to play on it.