You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Nintendo continues to disappoint

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #21

trace memory sequel looks hot, its been year since i sold my wii, now there are lots of game coming of my type to get wii again.

tatsunoko vs capcom , this is best wii can get seriosuly this game is better than sf4(played both at expo).

fragile, looks cool i love exploration type adventures specially when art is this cool.

sin and punishment 2, old classic revived and the teaser is enough to convince me.

skycrawlers, being fan of animes and acecombat series cant miss this one.

madworld, already most anticipated by many, badass is best to describe it.

endless ocean 2, i missed EO1 so will get both.

and there is vanillaware 2d sword slahing game with awesome art, think odinsphere on drugs.

ask me , this is best wii can get.

Problem is that majority will hit japan first and wiil take long to localize, so i will get something to play imports.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #22

Seriously, how can there not be any mention of the new Punch-Out here? Are you guys playing a game or something?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #23
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Where's the Strong Bad love?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #24

Uhm....

"Wario Land: Shake It" - Beautiful 2D hand drawn platforming

"Sam and Max: Season One" - I've been waiting for the complete Wii version

"Animal Crossing: City Folk" - I loved the GC Animal Crossing

"The Conduit" - Absolutely amazing looking FPS (360 level graphics)

"Dokapon Kingdom" - Rockin' looking, story driven Japanese party game

"Final Fantasy: CC" - Awesome art style and music minus gimmicky gba controls of the first one make this a win.

"King of Fighters Collection" + "Samurai Showdown Anthology" - Fighting fans dream come true (Especially having all the rare Samurai Showdowns on one disc).

"Little Kings Story" - Fun and intuitive RTS

"Mad World" - For those who like gory (and it seems most do)

"Major Minors Majestic March" - Parappa 3.5?

"Muramasa: The Demon Blade" - Even more beautiful 2D hand drawn platforming

"MySims Kingdom" - Nice expansion of the concept which paid off in the 1st game

"Runaway:The dream of the turtle" - Point and Click on a console that is perfectly suited for it. A thing of beauty.

"Rune Factory Frontier" - Search out some screenshots. It looks pretty sweet.

"Rygar: The Battle of Argus" - Nice Devil May Cry style gameplay. (Diskarmor!!)

"Secret Files: Tunguska" - Point and click adventure #3

"Fragile" - Atmospheric Japanese RPG

"Arc Rise Fantasia" - Amazing looking RPG from the makers of Star Ocean and Baten Kaitos

"Tales of Symphonia 2" - Tales is a must buy for most RPG fans

"Monster Hunter 3" - Another big Japanese RPG franchise. The screenshots look to surpass the Wii's expected graphical limitations.

"Fatal Frame 4" - For those of you who like survival horror

"Nancy Drew" and "Agatha Christie" - One new point and click of each are on the way to Wii.

+

New Mario and Zelda confirmed to be in development

+

A slew of amazing games already released for the system

That is a big list of pretty solid content representing pretty much every genre including an unprecedented number of classic adventures for a home console. If I had the funds, every game I listed would be a must buy for me. On top of that list there are about 75-80 additional officially announced games on the way that are bound to appeal to some people (though not to me). I own every system minus a 360 and every time I am lured into considering a purchase of one (thanks to it's amazing game catalog) I refrain because I just can't justify the addition of another console when I really don't have the time to keep up with all of the great games releasing on the Wii already. I am able to accept that the games I listed above are not going to be every ones cup of tea, but for me the Wii has been a dream come true since day one and the future looks brighter than ever!

Daventry

"The spirit of adventure will never die!"
Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #25

Quote:
I'm glad more people will play Pikmin, but they can already play Pikmin. Anyone with a Wii can play the little Gamecube classic. And while a remake is a better idea than a sequel, why bother revisiting it at all? Why not do something new?
If you have tried to look to purchase Pikmin, you'd find it close to impossible.

I'm really excited for the Pikmin release, myself. I got to rent Pikmin 2 once (nobody had 1 for rent) and really enjoyed it and now they no longer rent Gamecube games.

The game had limited release and limited sales and no Gamestops carry it anymore.

People on eBay gouge the fuck out of the prices on it and sell it for $40-$50 all the way up to $100, I've seen.

Finally, I'll be able to get the games and play them and at a reasonable price. It's the same boat as Resident Evil 4: Wii.

Plus, they're still making Pikmin 3.

As for Metroid Prime, the first two would benefit a lot from Wii controls, I think. I can't go back to them after playing 3.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #26

oh yeah kizuna is another beautiful game with outstanding music, coming to wii.
music i ripped form official site.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #27
gin soaked boy

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the new announcements, primarily Sin & Punishment 2 and Sandlot's Dynamic Slash which looks like a fantasy themed Earth Defence Force (AKA One of the Best Games Ever). Klonoa remake just sweetened the deal.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #28

fragile trailer, outstanding art direction and locales
combat is pretty clunk and bad but the exploration aspect i am interested in

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41553.html

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 10-15-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: changed link to streamable video, instead of forced download
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #29
Vigilant

Dokapon kingdom is a fantastic party game that has more depth than any party game out currently for those of you who are RPG fans. It is easy to pick up but very difficult to master and requires intellegent gameplay and chess-like strategy. I am very happy with Nintendo and I believe that we have just seen the beginning of the third party rise on the system.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:42 AM   #30
A Servicable Villain

I've been playing a bit of a review copy of Disaster: Day of Crisis, and so far it's pretty poor. Can't believe this thing bears Nintendo fingerprints; it's so unlike anything they've ever done, and bad at that.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:15 AM   #31
Master of time and space

I just gave my Wii to my brother. The only good things the Wii had going for it in my opinion was the backwards compatibility and I already have a Gamecube...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #32

I actually just bought a Wii a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to do so since launch but I've either not had the funds or the time to justify the purchase. Seeing as I had both at present I couldn't think of a reason not to.

The only game I've bought retail so far has been Super Mario Galaxy which I'm greatly enjoying. It's basically Mario 64 with lots of neat new ideas and a face-lift. I'm planning on getting one of the Trauma Center games for the Wii also as wiimote/nunchuk defibrillator sounds too hilarious to pass up on... preferably New Blood since I already played the DS version of which Second Opinion is mostly a remake.

Beyond that I may try out Metroid just to see what a competent shooter plays like on this platform and maaaaybe No More Heroes. I like the idea of Zack & Wiki but the art style is so obnoxious that I think I'll pass.

My favourite part about the Wii is definitely Virtual Console though. Having never owned any system older than the N64 it's great to not have to rely on PC emulators for once. Wiiware also seems promising, though I'm concerned that availability is not the same between regions. I wanted to get World of Goo on the Wii but it seems it's only coming to Europe in a box and not any time soon, so I ended up just getting it on PC instead...

That though - getting it on PC - is why the Wii, despite its limited library of quality titles, is still the only remotely interesting console for me at this point. There is nothing I care about on either Xbox or PS3 right now that I can't get on PC eventually (in better form).
Old 10-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #33

I own a lot of games on the Wii and DS and now on Gamecube. For those of us in the US, we've been fortunate to see Gamestop having these Buy 2, get 1 free or 25% coupons to clearances at our local Target or K-Mart stores for $5-$10 a game.

As for the Wii, I have to be truthful and say that I haven't done much gaming on it. Probably with the exception of when Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii Sports and Wii Fit, I bought many games for the console but haven't really played them. I find myself using the internet function and watch youtube on it. The internet functionality of watching things on my TV via wi-fi is actually cool for me. But it's more of a case being that I'm working so many hours that the last thing I think of is gaming. So, playing on portable consoles while I'm in bed about to sleep has been more convenient. And neglecting my PS2 and XB360 as well.

As for the ports...I'm not bothered by it. It's like "Resident Evil 4"...some own it on GB, then PS2 and then on the Wii. Also, I would imagine the Wii functionality for some of these games would be fun.

But definitely not disappointed with Nintendo.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #34
A Servicable Villain

I have to break a lance for THX's De Blob here. It's a great little title with a lot of fun gameplay, painting towns and obstacle courses. And it even has Dutch origins!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #35

The conduit looks quite decent for core gamers as well, its a futuristic shooter published by Sega.

However, what the wii is really missing is a good line up of rpgs like Fallout3, Fable2 and the upcoming FF13 on the other consoles, however, i do believe that there is only a matter of time before this as well will start arriving on the wii (see the new tales-game already)
Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #36
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Nintendo's just announced a bunch of "new" games for Wii: a port of Pikmin, a port of Another Code, a port of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, a port of Klonoa.
I checked the videos of Another Code and it looks great!

It looks nothing like a port, it looks like a completely new game.

But it's true that the Wii doesn't have an amazing amount of high class games, but I don't think it even needs to. There is a lot of variety for all kinds of gamers.

One thing the developers should put more focus on is the party games, the Wii has only like 2-3 REALLY GOOD party games. One of my friends was really complaining about this as well some time ago because he wants to play something fun with his girlfriend.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #37

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflux View Post
I've been playing a bit of a review copy of Disaster: Day of Crisis, and so far it's pretty poor. Can't believe this thing bears Nintendo fingerprints; it's so unlike anything they've ever done, and bad at that.
I wouldn't call that game nintendos work. It is made by monolith even if Nintendo owns the studio currently it still isn't like their inhouse studios work.

Concerning the Wii I think its silly to state it does not have many high quality titles. I don't see much on the PS3 yet people go defending them for the sake of HD. Well okay so the 360 might have a lot of variation nowadays but the PS3 is still lackluster.

Handheld gaming is where you have plenty of high quality titles alongside with many different games coming out in the future. The more sad truth with the Wii is the lack of third party support which Microsoft and Sony are aquiring more.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #38
Giver-of-Will

I think the Wii's main issue is that third-party developers either aren't sure how to implement motion controls or do it poorly. It's a relatively new technology and as such, developers are still experimenting with it.

Sometimes motion controls work really well (No More Heroes or Metroid Prime 3 come to mind), but other times, it's merely unnecessary or even a hinderance. Some games allow you to bypass the motion controls and use the wiimote and nunchuk as normal controllers (Super Smash Bros Brawl, for instance), but that seems to be somewhat rare.

There are several Wii games I'm looking forward to: Deadly Creatures, Mad World and Battle Rage: The Robot Wars.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #39

Bearing in mind the overall vibe in here, this thread should be renamed "Nintendo continues to excite".

I'm definitely excited by the Wii iteration of Another Code, which is (as others have already noted) most definitely NOT a port, but a fully-fledged sequel with an entirely new storyline, set two years after the events of the DS game.

With that and stuff like Sam and Max, the Wii is the only (non-portable) console format with anything much happening on the adventure front, as far as I can see.

It might not be much compared to PC, sure, but it's better than nothing.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #40

I am surprised nobody mentioned dragon Quest X which is a wii-exclusive (and is certainly going to be a killer-game for the wii). Dead space, which seems to be a quite good shooter, is also announced for the wii, and with the second tales-game and fragile, it seems there will finally be something also for the rpg-fans.

There is also good news for the nintendo loyalists, as a sequel to no more heroes have been confirmed to be in development. Then we always have the kid icarus-rumour which will hopefully materialize into something soon.

Btw, i read at kotaku today that there might be a big announcement from the big N this friday (it was confirmed by an employee in the official uk nintendo magazine). Lets hope its finally zelda made from ground for the wii!