You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Left 4 Dead - Xbox360\PC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #21
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
Is it? Never heard that, but might be true, don't know.
Try reading the first post. This WHOLE thread was suppose to be about the PS3 version.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
merely human

Right. The game is PC or X360. No PS3 version.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Try reading the first post. This WHOLE thread was suppose to be about the PS3 version.
But that was just a rumour, and its from August last year. I really doubt it will come to PS3.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #24
Banned User

What PC original or PC/360 game didn't take forever to get ported to the PS3 anyways? Its absolute hell to port any game, not to mention that Porting a PC game to the PS3 is worse than hell.

It took some time just for Bioshock to hit the console.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #25
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
No, there is single player with just you and A.I. controlled characters. Play the single player campaign for practice before jumping online with other live players.
Yeah, i know. I posted that message ages ago when i didn't know very much about the game. I've had the game for quite a while now and i played it a lot. But i've decided to give it a break - lost interest.

Single player certainly isn't as fun as playing online though.

EDIT: Has anyone played Survival mode (an add-on) on the 360 version? Geez, now that is insane. It makes Advanced and Expert modes look tame in comparison. Usually i can't survive for 3 minutes let alone 10. I gave up on it. And i'm so glad there aren't any achievements to obtain. I'd never get them.

I'll just stick to Expert mode.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 05-28-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #26
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Single player certainly isn't as fun as playing online though.
That's why we play it every weekend. For a while we've been stuck in Normal mode 'cause my friend in Chicago is such a n00b, but we finally forced him to play on Advanced. I told him he was holding us back and to just suck it up, the only way he can get better is to learn from constantly getting his ass handed back to him - or in this case, ripped off, then handed back to him. Finally got another fellow zombie killer to join us, and he plays Advanced in single player.

My niece in Illinois wants to be a forensics scientist (she's still h.s.) so she has a special interest in this game and loves it to death. HA!

I was right, the Chicago friend is now obsessed with Advanced and surviving it and seeing his Francis jumping on board the chopper, boat, plane, or tank in all the chapters.

Survival mode is another story.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #27
merely human

ARRRGGHH!!! Another intense but losing fight tonight!!!! We seriously needed a 4th very good player!!11

EDIT: Did I mention how this game is utterly like crack when played with your friends in co-op on Advanced or Expert?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #28
merely human

WTF!!! We couldn't own Dead Air on Advanced, and it was 4 of us good players trying several times!! FML

Hope we'll have better luck next week.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #29
Banned User

Dead Air on Advanced? Try Expert....yet we still got through it.

BTW, on topic! There is no PS3 version for the fact that Gabe understands that they are neglecting the PS3 players with previous products. The fault for this is EA and not Valve though.

See, at least valve cares even if they aren't related to PS3 releases. lol