You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General can a kind soul recommend me some games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #21

Quote:
OH DEAR GOD KEEP THE JAP RPGS AWAY FROM ME THEY SUCK
Well, not all of them, but I know perfectly what you mean; it's a consumer's market out there.
Hey, maybe you should try some old adventure games: Dragonsphere, Rex Nebular, Return of the Phantom of the Opera, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, the whole Monkey Island series, Sam and Max (the original), any of Sierra's masterpieces, Quest for Glory V (perfect blend of adventure and RPG).
Or maybe Tomb Raider? Return to Castle Wolfenstein?
I strongly recommend Soul Reaver and Blood Omen (strong plot and story driven the both of them, so you have to play them in order). Sanitarium?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #22
In an evening of July...

Operation Flashpoint, baby. Go hardcore.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
a couple of drinks later: OH DEAR GOD KEEP THE JAP RPGS AWAY FROM ME THEY SUCK
Hum .. why?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #24
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight View Post
Well, not all of them, but I know perfectly what you mean; it's a consumer's market out there.
Hey, maybe you should try some old adventure games: Dragonsphere, Rex Nebular, Return of the Phantom of the Opera, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, the whole Monkey Island series, Sam and Max (the original), any of Sierra's masterpieces, Quest for Glory V (perfect blend of adventure and RPG).
Or maybe Tomb Raider? Return to Castle Wolfenstein?
I strongly recommend Soul Reaver and Blood Omen (strong plot and story driven the both of them, so you have to play them in order). Sanitarium?
Damn straight my man. I loved the demo of the first legacy of kain, but didnt' try the others, and will check on the rest, thanks.

Jap RPGs and why I hate them? I don't like the general animelike style in which they are presented and the stories which usually suck (again, IMO) compared to far better western ones, as, say, in Planescape, which was awesome.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #25
handsome

Well, some (stories) suck some don't, but one thing is for sure, Breath's story is really a great one .
But ok, it's your opinion, and I even dislike the anime style overused in many JapRPGs like you..
...but there's something about the game that's different ... I dunno
Name:  worens.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  50.5 KB

And yeah, you should try LoK: Soul Reaver, cool game.
There's also the great adventure game Beavis&Butthead in Virtual Stupidity I love that game.