You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Three new PS3 games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
gin soaked boy

Default Three new PS3 games

Titled Brave Arms, Chain Limit and Second: Season 01 (episodic?), apparently they're being developed by Cellius, the company recently formed as a joined venture between Sony and Namco with a goal of producing software that would maximize the capabilities of the Cell processor. As far as the visuals go, I wouldn't say that's what these new games do, but they all sound potentially interesting. You can see the first screenshots and read more about them here.

They all use similar context-sensitive interfaces which, surprisingly, make them look a lot like adventures. In Chain Limit, for instance, you select a screen hotspot with one stick and then choose an appropriate action with another. It's all well illustrated in the screenshots.

I hope we learn more about them soon as right now the details are a little sketchy. How much direct control over the movement of your character would you have in Chain Limit, for instance? Also, do you think Peter Jackson had something like this in mind when he talked about filmic game experiences at X06?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 AM   #2
Psychonaut

Sound a tad "Dragon's Lair" -ish.

Limited interaction.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
gin soaked boy

That's what I thought of Chain Limit as well. But it seems the other two games should also have exploration elements or at least offer some kind of direct control.