You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Civilization IV

Civilization is probably my favorite stategy game series. I loved the first game and was addicted to the second. I havent picked up the third or fourth versons of the game. I still have Civ. II somewear is Civ. IV worth buying and playing or is it not that much of an improvment over the other games in the series?

Thanks guys
Old 03-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

I know several Civ veterans who consider it the best in the series, although others prefer Civ2.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
I've come for the fork!

Civ IV is fantastic. Definately better than 3. I used to play Civ II all the time, but not recently enough for a valid comparison. If you loved the first two, it's definately worth checking out.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #4

I agree. Civ3 was the worst of the series (still very good though). It introduced quite a lot of problems, the interface was clumsy and the game was quite buggy. Civ4 is extremely polished, has a very nice presentation (graphics, music, menu's, civipedia, they all add to the experience), improves the game mechanics of the previous iterations on many levels and introduces many new things (religion, fast & easy multiplayer gameplay for example) that easily make it worth the buy.

In short, Civ4 is the best Civ so far, and if you have enjoyed any previous versions you will surely enjoy this one as it stays true to its heritage.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
DAVE

It's a beautiful game, with narration by Leonard Nimoy, beautiful graphics and it's a lot of fun and respects the basics on Civ1. Get it, you won't be sorry