You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General ScummVM Forums...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
8-Bit Spritemaster™

Default ScummVM Forums...

Sorry to bring this up here, but I'm having a ton of trouble signing up to them, I don't know if its just because I have a slow connection, or what, but I just can't seem to join them, as it seems to hang at a blank screen whenever I try to verify my login-in.

Anyway, being I can post here, I thought I might post here, and if I say anything worthwhile, maybe somebody who is on the ScummVM forums might think of passing it along.

Or you can just call me an idiot and move on with your day, either case I don't care.

Anyway, in the bug tracking I've noticed that nobody has mentioned a bug that exists in Sam & Max. Eg - In the normal game, you used to be able to shoot the names in the credits, and get a amusing popping noise. When played w/ ScummVM, that no longer works.

Also, I was wondering what having the Win95 version of The Dig & Full Throttle, might be of help for the ScummVM team. I say this, because I happen to have both, and can play both games on my Win ME 1 gig system.

True, the audio of Full Throttle does have a bit of a whine to it, but still I can hear everything, and that's what counts to me...

Sky Warrior Bob
Old 01-30-2004, 05:10 AM   #2
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
Sorry to bring this up here, but I'm having a ton of trouble signing up to them, I don't know if its just because I have a slow connection, or what, but I just can't seem to join them, as it seems to hang at a blank screen whenever I try to verify my login-in.

Anyway, being I can post here, I thought I might post here, and if I say anything worthwhile, maybe somebody who is on the ScummVM forums might think of passing it along.

Or you can just call me an idiot and move on with your day, either case I don't care.

Anyway, in the bug tracking I've noticed that nobody has mentioned a bug that exists in Sam & Max. Eg - In the normal game, you used to be able to shoot the names in the credits, and get a amusing popping noise. When played w/ ScummVM, that no longer works.

Also, I was wondering what having the Win95 version of The Dig & Full Throttle, might be of help for the ScummVM team. I say this, because I happen to have both, and can play both games on my Win ME 1 gig system.

True, the audio of Full Throttle does have a bit of a whine to it, but still I can hear everything, and that's what counts to me...

Sky Warrior Bob
What build of ScummVM, operating system and architecture are you using?

To test the credits of samnmax try scummvm -d0 -b1430 samnmax (assuming you have samnmax in your config file), works fine here.

I got the win95 version of the dig with one of the lucasarts archives sets, and I expect the ft version (wasn't aware of a win95 one, what's the version string?) is just a different exe with no resource file changes. In regards to Full Throttle a lot of work is being done on it lately, so check back every so often if you're using a daily build.